Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I honestly have no idea how the hype around clone only strains works as i have never been a part of it.

I do think that "stealth" strains hurt the gene pool and were an inevitable response to prohibition. They weren't drinking much fine whiskey in the late 20s either i don't think....

You know its funny but the growers i knew stopped selling skunk because no one would buy it. They were afraid to stink. Then chemdog hit the scene and sour diesel and you could smell them down the street too. Lol.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
If I want to get into tea brewing (thinking to add a bit extra bone meal to my existing lineup for flower....but I want to control the pH because bone meal and pH can be nasty until it breaks down some)....

Is using the 5 gallon method here a decent way to get started?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You know its funny but the growers i knew stopped selling skunk because no one would buy it. They were afraid to stink. Then chemdog hit the scene and sour diesel and you could smell them down the street too. Lol.
I do remember when good pot started smelling less skunks and more gassy. I knew nothing much about pot back then though. Was a kid basically.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The girls! They were thirsty and wanting more nutes today, so i refreshed them.

Picky haze girl is blooming and pushing some sprinkles already, so that's cool.

This widow girl is starting to have a little something going on too.

IMG 20210114 154838319 HDR
IMG 20210114 154851969
IMG 20210114 154907567 HDR
IMG 20210114 154916416 HDR
IMG 20210114 154922057 HDR
IMG 20210114 154930277 HDR

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Starting to get some more clarity on some ideas of what to do in the next few months.....

So, @BudGoodman has these Top Dawg seeds that are A5 Haze x hp13, which is essentially a the Haze A male that is very rare because Nevil lost him before producing a ton of seeds with him, crossed to NL5 and then that is crossed with a g13x hash plant, which is a lot of psychedelic smoke reports for one plant (the haze A is legendarily psychedelic as well, so they say). Point is, nice heritage on those genetics.

I have another source for the A5 and that is my malawi x A5 fem from Ace.

So what I'm rounding around to is this idea that it would be cool to mess around with crossing my haze to those sources to get at that mythical A5 Haze and spice it up with mine.

However, i also really want to try golden tiger. And this panama x Bangi haze.

So my thought is to drop those two soon so I can try them and see if I want to play with them in a cross.

Then drop these Top dawg and the killer A5 to begin flowering those in April.

At that point I will also have my first round of crosses to explore. Right now the leader in the clubhouse is widow-sour bubble but widow-skunk or even widow-panama might happen too. I love these Panama plants.

Not loving the skunks atm tbh but they did get very stemmy early and it's not their fault.

Screenshot 2021 01 15 at 112439 AM

Screenshot 2021 01 15 at 112635 AM

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Starting to get some more clarity on some ideas of what to do in the next few months.....

So, @BudGoodman has these Top Dawg seeds that are A5 Haze x hp13, which is essentially a the Haze A male that is very rare because Nevil lost him before producing a ton of seeds with him, crossed to NL5 and then that is crossed with a g13x hash plant, which is a lot of psychedelic smoke reports for one plant (the haze A is legendarily psychedelic as well, so they say). Point is, nice heritage on those genetics.

I have another source for the A5 and that is my malawi x A5 fem from Ace.

So what I'm rounding around to is this idea that it would be cool to mess around with crossing my haze to those sources to get at that mythical A5 Haze and spice it up with mine.

However, i also really want to try golden tiger. And this panama x Bangi haze.

So my thought is to drop those two soon so I can try them and see if I want to play with them in a cross.

Then drop these Top dawg and the killer A5 to begin flowering those in April.

At that point I will also have my first round of crosses to explore. Right now the leader in the clubhouse is widow-sour bubble but widow-skunk or even widow-panama might happen too. I love these Panama plants.

Not loving the skunks atm tbh but they did get very stemmy early and it's not their fault.
"Hey Milson, just admit that you are trying to breed super trippy weed."

Milson: My goal is to have @TripsRabbit appear out of the ether and compliment my rocketship.

🤣 😆 🙃

Seriously though some of this thinking comes from his thread on THCV on the Strains board which got me thinking about how one would breed for that.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Threw the next round in for flower time tonight. First day after beauty sleep is tomorrow.

Once i know how many girls i have from these i will know how I want to proceed.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Tried Master Kush today from a dispensary
Great body high. Clearish mind.

Not really quite my jam. Glad to know before I devote grow time to it....

So far my fav indica has been la Confidential. I do have authentic genetics NL5 F2s coming in April for whenever i feel like playing with those. Tbh it might be a while.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Tried Master Kush today from a dispensary
Great body high. Clearish mind.

Not really quite my jam. Glad to know before I devote grow time to it....

So far my fav indica has been la Confidential. I do have authentic genetics NL5 F2s coming in April for whenever i feel like playing with those. Tbh it might be a while.
Farmer problems. 😁

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Farmer problems. 😁
I'm actually very happy i tried it. Again, not hating on the strain. But it ain't a "wow" for me.

Hoping one of widow and sour bubble hit right for me for the more down time stuff. Also the p haze should lean down. Then i think the dfg dragon's stash is also going to be dead middle.

Between all of that and my sativa crosses i think you have my year lol.

Top Bottom