Capt's Farms is going for it

• Thread starter basscaptain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
basscaptain

basscaptain

on the solar I really want panels to cover the top of this shop about 2 ft off so wind will flow though but that would keep this shop 20 dgs cooler in the summer no problem......

I was looking into getting used forklift batts cause they replace way before they need to be.......

to keep cost down for the 1st install..

the rrock

the rrock

Do you get enough sun to use solar? Longer term I mean. the price has plummeted the last five years...I know you don't have cash now but I think you can get 1800w batteries with panels for like $1200. Charge while in use during the day and then use at night...you can chain them as well, depending on the model. I think charge time is as low as six hours. Looking into it for my family in Puerto Rico bc their grid is such shit.

Seems like you could do a hell of a lot with that.
Istrung a bunch of golf cart batteries together for my first solar/backup power plant ,not sure the of the specs but it worked well when called upon.

basscaptain

basscaptain

ya here's the thing..
beth screwed my credit up so bad that when I moved here they wanted a dep. so I gave them 300$ now If I go back on grid there going to went I would say 500 dep. the 125 I owe... then 100 recon fee... then 200 for the bill in 30 days...

so man I'm really trying to figure out solar sooner then later lol....

but I need alot of jucie so it's not like 500$$ and I'm up and running.....my 4000w gen can't run everything so I need a few $$$ to put at it....

basscaptain

basscaptain

FWIW I checked into solar and I did not get very far. For growing purposes you need so many watts it is hard to make the math work. Maybe with just a couple lights but something like 10 lights eats alot of watts.
I know then a ac it's like fuck me.....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@basscaptain man you need a greenhouse with supplemental lighting there instead of full indoor.

I know now is not the time to do it but next season. You can use the generator to run the lights on cloudy days and maybe some fans could be run full time on a small solar setup.

If you figure out light deprivation you could even run 2 or 3 cycles per season.

Anthem

Anthem

@basscaptain man you need a greenhouse with supplemental lighting there instead of full indoor.

I know now is not the time to do it but next season. You can use the generator to run the lights on cloudy days and maybe some fans could be run full time on a small solar setup.

If you figure out light deprivation you could even run 2 or 3 cycles per season.
Done it and it will work. Some fans and a dehumidifier late in flower. 3 runs a year is possible, depending on climate. If I made it to do again it would be just 2 runs in Socal. March to June and like early August to early November.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Done it and it will work. Some fans and a dehumidifier late in flower. 3 runs a year is possible, depending on climate. If I made it to do again it would be just 2 runs in Socal. March to June and like early August to early November.
this was his idea a few wks ago..... 1500$ to get going 10x20

basscaptain

basscaptain

ya 250$ a month for my power REALLY wasn't bad.....

the gens are a lot more.... I really need a 10K so it would run at 50% it would cost less then the way I'm going now ..cause my load is high all the time....

basscaptain

basscaptain

the big cost was the soil I can do a green house dyi for about 200$ we where talking to hit 5# for everything.... and it works

I'll be in them next yr for sure,,,,,

Anthem

Anthem

b
the big cost was the soil I can do a green house dyi for about 200$ we where talking to hit 5# for everything.... and it works

I'll be in them next yr for sure,,,,,
Cap I have an idea to save some money on the soil. I am in Socal so I have to dump my cutting in the trash. While it is a legal state the less people know the better. I use a composting bin, I just keep dumping the scrapes in the bin, it never really gets full because the clippings are just being consumed by the composting process. Looking at some of your solo cups this might be the start of a way to make your own soil and save on that cost as well. You could add dry amendments as well. I want to say the composting bin was like 100 dollars. You could save a ton using this method over buying FOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom