Capulator's Bennies Test: Cap vs. Xtreme

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

Farmers!
First off, respect to Capulator for doing all the leg work and trying to get real, honest beneficial microbes to the Farm and the masses.

This will be a side-by-side.
Capulators 'Herbaceous Remedies' vs.
Xtreme's Mycos, Azos vs.
No beneficials added

Will be in pure, recycled coco.
Synthetic nutrients, H&G

peep his thread for the ebay link.

NUTE PACK:

The Nute pack is an ideal way to boost your plants ability to do what it does best: grow and flower. With the proper application, you will see a noticeable difference in growth, yield and overall vigor.

Nitrogen fixers made up of Azospirillum and Rhizobium, which convert nitrogen gas in to usable nitrate. Nitrogen fixers also will increase plant growth as they produce vitamins, auxins, and gibberllins. Nitrogen fixers give a boost to seedlings germination and overall yield.

Phosphate solubilizers made up of Bacillus megaterium and Pseudomonas striata, which will dissolve fixed tricalcium phosphate in to the usable form monocalcium phosphate. These little guys also produce organic acids (citric acid, lactic acid), hormones, and enzymes which will help in nutrient uptake and general plant vigor.

Frateuria aurentia, a Potash mobilizer, is a beneficial bacteria that will seek out Potash near the root zone and bring it to the roots of the plant. It is great for low K soil, or coco, since coco is known to "hold" K.

Mycorrize. This product has 50 spore colonies per gram of each of the following endo mycorrhizae:

-Glomus intraradices
-Glomis mosseae
-Glomis aggregatum
-Glomus clarum

ROOT PACK:

Our root pack is composed of 4 different species each one in the concentration of 5 billion organisms per gram.

-Pseudomonas flourescens: This is a saprophyte that creates colonies in water, soil, and on plant tissue. It will suppress plant diseases by acting as a systemic (a unique ability). Once it enters the vascular system of the plant, it actually produces antibiotics which prevent fungal and bacterial diseases from taking hold.

-Bacillus subtilis: Bacillus is best applied to young plants and seedlings, so that it can take hold and colonize on the developing root system. Here, it will offer protection by limiting the growth of fungal organisms like fusarium.

-Trichoderma viride/ harzianum: Trichoderma is a beneficial fungus, that will seek and destroy other fungi in the soil/media. The presence of trichoderma will also cause the plant to activate its own SAR (stimulated auto response), which in turn causes the plant to boost its own immune system.

-Paecilomyces lilacinus: This fungus will seek and destroy the harmful nematodes in soil. It effectively terminates eggs, babies, and adults.

FOLIAR PACK:

The foliar pack is designed as a 100% safe, non chemical spray for insect control. It contains the following species at 5 billion organisms per gram each.

-Bacillus thuringiensis: for the destruction of caterpillars and fungus gnat larvae.
-Beauveria bassiana: will control a number of pests such as termites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and beetles.
-Metarhizium anisopliae: will infect spittle bugs and weevils, and thrips.
-Verticillium lecanii: will infect and kill aphids, whiteflies, rust fungi, and scale.
-Paecilomyces: will effectively eradicate many pets, including several species of SPIDER MITES.

Please feel free to look up all of these organisms on wikipedia, where there is a full description much longer than those listed here.

Thanks for looking!
i'll have photos soon as i have 3 fresh clones of the same size and strain. i'll put a couple seedlings through the test too.

H

H3AD_CAS3

subbed...lookin forward to see Cap's bennies in action

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
OOOHHHH shitt.

Cant wait to see whats up.

Gonna run my own test in the next day or two:

great white vs ZHO vs. Caps generic brand vs. nothing.

Thanks zoo. Hope it all works out, cuz then we know it wont be necessary to spend mad bucks on the hype.

1 tsp/ liter. water in. I would make a tea of it with some carbo load. Activate them first and then add them in. You can do this with the azos/mykos also.

here is a pic of mine all frothed up.

IMAG0336
sticky icky

sticky icky

Hell yeah can't wait to see the results this is dope good shit Cap n Zoo!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nice! Great going with the heads up testing on the benes. Will you apply only in tea form, or will it be added to the coco as well? I love tests like this! Best damn thing about a site like this. Learning every day.

Kick ass.

-TF

S

sfzoo

subbed...lookin forward to see Cap's bennies in action

Thanks cap and sfzoo for doing this!

Thanks dudes. show should start soon. open to advice, so don't feel shy.

OOOHHHH shitt.

Cant wait to see whats up.

Gonna run my own test in the next day or two:

great white vs ZHO vs. Caps generic brand vs. nothing.

Thanks zoo. Hope it all works out, cuz then we know it wont be necessary to spend mad bucks on the hype.

1 tsp/ liter. water in. I would make a tea of it with some carbo load. Activate them first and then add them in. You can do this with the azos/mykos also.

here is a pic of mine all frothed up.

I assume molasses would work just fine in place of hi-brix or carboload? i'd rather make this a full on boycott of the nute companies :ninja

i hope you'll document the greatwhite vs. zho.

it'd be a great resource to see all these bennies go up against each other in a fair and unbiased way.

thanks again.

Hell yeah can't wait to see the results this is dope good shit Cap n Zoo!

Nice! Great going with the heads up testing on the benes. Will you apply only in tea form, or will it be added to the coco as well? I love tests like this! Best damn thing about a site like this. Learning every day.

Kick ass.

-TF

thanks fellas.

=========

So i've decided how i'm going to do this.

3 clones. 3 seedlings.

clone 1
-same synthetic nute regimen as other plants
-mykos will be mixed into the coco
-mykos will be applied to roots and xplant hole during xplant process.
-azos " " " " "
-molasses and humic once per week, to keep the herd happy.

clone 2
-Cap's nute pack @ xplant via solution spray
-Cap's root pack @ xplant via solution spray
-Cap's nute/foliar/root pack tea a few days after xplant

clone 3

The 3 seedlings will be given the same treatment at the appropriate times.

I'll be using clear cups w/ protective sleeves to evaluate rhizosphere conditions.

My goal is to apply enough of both products for proper innoculation. Xtreme recommends only one application for Mykos at xplant as the ideal method of innoculation. Azos is recommended at the cloning stage, xplant, and as a root drench, so i will do all of those.

As far as Cap's packs go, my goal is to apply the tea a few times at the beginning, and perhaps once more before the flip.

It's my understanding that there will be a point where the bennies will be so bountiful in population that they will compete for resources...not sure if this is accurate.
Also have been told, by the Xtreme reps, that adding more microbes isn't too detrimental. Its just more of a waste of product.

Any advice in my methods or anything else is appreciated.
Thanks for looking. Hoping to have a few clones ready to rock in a few days....or a week. :fighting0085:

My pre-test predictions:
I don't think it will be close.
Xtreme Mykos contains Glomus Intraradices, Cap's nute pack contains a lot more AND includes azosparillium brasilense.

we shall see.

H

H3AD_CAS3

what type of pump would you need to get froth like that?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks dudes. show should start soon. open to advice, so don't feel shy.

I assume molasses would work just fine in place of hi-brix or carboload? i'd rather make this a full on boycott of the nute companies :ninja

i hope you'll document the greatwhite vs. zho.

it'd be a great resource to see all these bennies go up against each other in a fair and unbiased way.

thanks again.

thanks fellas.

=========

So i've decided how i'm going to do this.

3 clones. 3 seedlings.

clone 1
-mykos will be mixed into the coco
-mykos will be applied to roots and xplant hole during xplant process.
-azos " " " " "

clone 2
-Cap's nute pack @ xplant via solution spray
-Cap's root pack @ xplant via solution spray
-Cap's nute/foliar/root pack tea a few days after xplant

clone 3

The 3 seedlings will be given the same treatment at the appropriate times.

I'll be using clear cups w/ protective sleeves to evaluate rhizosphere conditions.

My goal is to apply enough of both products for proper innoculation. Xtreme recommends only one application for Mykos at xplant as the ideal method of innoculation. Azos is recommended at the cloning stage, xplant, and as a root drench, so i will do all of those.

As far as Cap's packs go, my goal is to apply the tea a few times at the beginning, and perhaps once more before the flip.

It's my understanding that there will be a point where the bennies will be so bountiful in population that they will compete for resources...not sure if this is accurate.
Also have been told, by the Xtreme reps, that adding more microbes isn't too detrimental. Its just more of a waste of product.

Any advice in my methods or anything else is appreciated.
Thanks for looking. Hoping to have a few clones ready to rock in a few days....or a week. :fighting0085:

My pre-test predictions:
I don't think it will be close.
Xtreme Mykos contains Glomus Intraradices, Cap's nute pack contains a lot more AND includes azosparillium brasilense.

we shall see.

I think you should apply both the same way.

Use the same amount of azos/mykos vs. generic bennies. Apply both via tea or mixed with coco. Feed both the same nutes and sugars at the same times/same rates. That would be the most fair test.

S

sfzoo

I could, however, xtreme has said that the ideal way to apply mykos is either at the xplant or mixed in appropriate amounts into the media. The latter being the more expensive route. Azos is recommended at various stages and at different application rates.

I think it would be more appropriate to apply each product as recommended. For instance, maybe xtreme's line works better as they recommend than in a tea...then that would put xtreme at a disadvantage.

does that make sense? i'm not opposed to making a tea for both, just want to make sure i'm not misusing either product.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I could, however, xtreme has said that the ideal way to apply mykos is either at the xplant or mixed in appropriate amounts into the media. The latter being the more expensive route. Azos is recommended at various stages and at different application rates.

I think it would be more appropriate to apply each product as recommended. For instance, maybe xtreme's line works better as they recommend than in a tea...then that would put xtreme at a disadvantage.

does that make sense? i'm not opposed to making a tea for both, just want to make sure i'm not misusing either product.

cool man, its definitely your test not mine/ :pimp:

Keep us posted. PS I answered your questions in the other thread.

CageyBee

CageyBee

I was under the idea that synthetic nutes would fry the herd. Am i wrong in thinking this?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was under the idea that synthetic nutes would fry the herd. Am i wrong in thinking this?

No, synthietic nutes wont hurt bennies at normal, or even very high concentrations. , but High P will inhibit Mycos.

nuttso

nuttso

thx for doing the test. cap thanks for sharing the love with us. a quick question. Let's say i run my rez 7 days and flush after that with a full rez that is reduced in base feed and additives but has more humic/fulvic & molasses in it. would this be enough or should i load my rez for the 7 day period with humic and sugars?

G

geoduck

concerning bennies, i'm still looking for a water-soluable, reservior friendly cultured starter with diverse populations of microbes.
i did 3 runs in sunshine#4 + perlite soilless beds, added secret agent hygrozyme every feeding from 1st day vegging until the last 2 week mark, observed no difference between the ones that were treated with bennies and those that were not.
i guess there's a possiblility that the control group might be contaminated, maybe h&g's roots excelurator which i used contains healthy bennies, little organisms grow everywhere. But i believe it's more likely that hygrozyme is an unique enzyme catalyst that allows root system to break down organic nutrients instantly just as it would chemical salts.
in my e&f gardens i have all but stopped using bennies. when clones are transplanted into rw cubes they get 1 treatment of bennies, then i use dutchmaster zone rest of the way, water changes every 10 days plus when experiencing pH/ppm drifts.

nuttso:
2 things i advise against having in the reservior, molasses and humic. you would want sucanat and ful-power in there instead

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
concerning bennies, i'm still looking for a water-soluable, reservior friendly cultured starter with diverse populations of microbes.
i did 3 runs in sunshine#4 + perlite soilless beds, added secret agent hygrozyme every feeding from 1st day vegging until the last 2 week mark, observed no difference between the ones that were treated with bennies and those that were not.
i guess there's a possiblility that the control group might be contaminated, maybe h&g's roots excelurator which i used contains healthy bennies, little organisms grow everywhere. But i believe it's more likely that hygrozyme is an unique enzyme catalyst that allows root system to break down organic nutrients instantly just as it would chemical salts.
in my e&f gardens i have all but stopped using bennies. when clones are transplanted into rw cubes they get 1 treatment of bennies, then i use dutchmaster zone rest of the way, water changes every 10 days plus when experiencing pH/ppm drifts.

nuttso:
2 things i advise against having in the reservior, molasses and humic. you would want sucanat and ful-power in there instead

following up a shot of bennies with a shot of zone is like getting a tropical salt water fish, then putting it in your fresh water tank.

You are killing your bennies with zone. Might as well go sterile and zone only. Leave out the bennies.

S

swisscheese

How's it going with the test which brand is taking the lead!??

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

Sweet test. Can't wait to see the winner. I am running a similar but smaller scale exp. just ran out of mykos so my last 3 pots didn't get any. After 3wks of veg and 1 flw I don't see a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom