Capulators First Mpb Run, And First A Documented Garage Conversion.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

hell yea, Im using them now, but I put two plants in becaue I dont have the space to do a proper veg

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ill go half and half, and we will do a side by side of mpb vs. chow mix, for a full year. Same strain. Cannadential. I would need to use the same/similar nutes. Giddeon is working on getting me the recope he uses on recon, a similar strain. We can make a chow mix formula that is comparable, and see which one shits the bed first. I have a 10x10 I can use for veg. Im sure I can figure out a way to squeeze in that 6th harvest.

I gotta put the drain in and finish electrical this weekend.

C

cheech

it would be a great service to the mmj community to do this type of documentation.. rdwc vs drain to waste coco. thank you!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
4 hours work today so far, and drain is in.

Thank god this house had a crawl space. I tied in to the shit pipe, and busted through the garage foundation no problem.

A drain in the room is critical IMO.

Gonna start working on the res room/ ballast room tonight.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
100 amp sub, 50 amp sub, and 2 separate 20 amp circuits from the main are all in.

Seaprate walk in room with res in a trap door in. Top off tank will go outside.

5 ton ac came today
1159.jpg

Its fuckign huge. Almost as big as the single car garage door!

It also has an 18" intake and an 18" exhaust. Now I am trying to figure out how to do the ducting.

So here are my thoughts:

I have an adjacent bedroom that was going to be a veg room. I am thinking of pulling in air from here, and basically having a constant fresh air exchange by making a window box and cutting a couple of 12" holes in the ply (window open all the time). This window faces the side yard, which is now private thanks to my 8' gate.

As for the exhaust, I thought I could run either straight up and in to the ceiling (I am dropping a ceiling in the open beam garage). OR, straight outside, via a massive hole in the side of the house and some kind of giant wooden dryer vent type apparatus. Again, the side yard is private, but busting a hole in the side of the house may not be the best bet.

Any thoughts?

C

cheech

does the garage have root vents that you could run the exhaust too? duct it straight up and out.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
no. I will have a solution by the end of the weekend, and I will post some more pics. I will probably go up, through the ceilign I am going to build, and then in to the attic. Then it can vent throught all the eaves.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Make sure that anywhere you vent the A/C to can allow for the air to pass through freely if it backs up at all the unit will shut off due to high pressure build up. Also remember that if smell is an issue vegging plants stink as well. So pulling air from your veg room might not be the best Idea. Maybe if you could leave you garage window open a crack and just pulled the air from inside your garage then vented it into the attic you will probably be good.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Well, I need to slow down a bit on construction becasue the neighbors are wondering what I am doing. Need to be more ninja from here on out.

C

crossouttheiis

Yeah it seems like you have been doing a lot of work. I always try to do things when I notice the neighbors will be away. Your build looks pretty good so far. what kinda ac is that?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
5 ton kwikool.

My neighbor came up to me and was bitching about all the construction on a rental, and asking why the window was blocked out (It actually wasnt, just had a piece of drywall in front). Telling me the neoghborhood is watching me.

I told her to get a snack and enjoy the show, and I will be giving her a copy of our local noise ordinance tomorrow.

I am going to set up a small work shop and keep the garage open for a while, and concentrate on the bedroom for about a month, until my hot tub gets here. They should mellow out by then.

I have been going pretty strong on the construction, so its understandable that they woudl be pissed. ALL construction was done with landlords permission, and permits were pulled. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. BE LEGIT>

Although it is within the law: 20 plants total, and 2 people with legal docs living there, I dont need my neighors trippin.

M

mrdizzle

I feel you bro I live in an area where the houses actually touch walls, the only way into your back yard is through your house. but my neighbors loves me, I sometimes wait to go outside until hes done washing his car because he will talk to me for hours and hours

you gotta suck your neighbors balls for reals. apoligize for the contrustion tell her what your doing( not literally) but something good. a workshop is ok but dont let her think its for a business because its probably illegal to run a bis out of a house in that area without a permit

possibly say the landlord is giving you money off the rent to make certain changes to the rental per his request.

whatever you do make sure and get a good vibe from her before you even bother doing anymore building, because in all honestly you havent done shit yet and she is already up your ass, shes probably the type that only gets worse

good luck

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
My thoughts exactly. At another pad the neighbors love me as well.

I think they were just taken aback by all the immediate construction on the house by renters.

The construction is pretty much done though, and once the hot tub gets there they will see I wasn't lying about why I upgraded the panel.

They just thought I was using the house to try to run my business, so I am going to tell her that I am keeping my business where it is, and not moving it to this house. That should put her at ease. :anim_09:

Papa

Papa

Supporter
how are you going to mask the sound of that 5 ton exhaust? the neighbors are going to be on that in a second.

i'd move.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So it has been a while since I posted. I am making progress still, albeit slower than I want. Its tough when you have other rooms to manage and a full time business to run. The end of this month marks 2 months. If I had only this to do, I think it would be a 2-3 week job.

TOP/ BOTTOM LEFT: Control room/entry room with new 100amp sub. Doors are 18" off the ground, and sub floor opens up to house 100 gal res and chiller (coming soon!). The notch in the top right part of the open panel is so it clears the door knob.

TOP RIGHT: Hanging dry wall on a 9' ceiling by yourself is shitty. If you have a friend you trust, have them help, or get someone to do it for you before you bring in a 5 ton AC, light controllers, etc... The wall in this pic has the garage door behind it. Garage springs removed. I also installed mass loaded vinyl on the studs over R-13 insulation. A sheet of mass loaded vinyl stops the same amount of sound as a bedroom wall with 5/8" thich drywall on both sides. From outside, you can no longer hear anything, not even the radio on full blast, with the 5 ton AC on high.

BOTTOM RIGHT: New powerbox 10 light controller on a 60amp breaker.

We are moving along now. I am hoping to get all the plants in there in a couple weeks. I have some cannadentials that are out growing their current home.

P1016128 c
P1016131 c
P1016134 c
Power box compressed
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The pics didnt get posted in the ordere I thought they would, but I am sure you can figure things out.

Top Bottom