carbohydrates? sweetners? 2part Lucas? OG

• Thread starter robeartobrenton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robeartobrenton

Interested in running some type of sugar in my mix this run, i am currently running the 1/2 with great success and bloombastic for my bloom. - i havent tried cal-mag yet or the sweetner,

what does the sweetner do? is it definetly worth adding? - Who makes the best sweetner? Biotanicair? what do you use for hydro/aero/nft?

thanks!!:ridinghorse:

Venom818

Venom818

I hate sweetners they make all your herb taste the same i dont know about u bro but i love the natural flavors in my herb.Og's love there calmag i use 5ml per gallon but i use RO water I dont think u need it with tap water.

S

Seafrost

Sweet from Botanicare is some good stuff. Flora Nectar is also some good stuff too. It comes in a few different "flavors". A sweetener isnt going to make your buds taste like the flavor, its just going to bring out the flavor of the buds and also aids in adding to the aroma as well. I dont use either Sweet or Flora Nectar anymore, im finding that Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy is enough carbohydrate for me and the stuff just turns out awesome.

A

Apophis

Interested in running some type of sugar in my mix this run, i am currently running the 1/2 with great success and bloombastic for my bloom. - i havent tried cal-mag yet or the sweetner,

what does the sweetner do? is it definetly worth adding? - Who makes the best sweetner? Biotanicair? what do you use for hydro/aero/nft?

thanks!!:ridinghorse:

Not going to do any good in hydro unless you add beneficial bacteria, which makes hydro more sensitive and difficult. Sugars can't enter the root, they have to be broken down by bacteria first. Easiest and very important in organic soil, have to feed the root zone as well as the plant

M

MJPassion

I agree with Apophis...

Sweeteners don't sweeten the finished product at all.

Use Molasses... 1/8 to 1/4 tsp per gal (4l). It IS the base ingredient in ALL of the sweeteners and carbo-loaders.
Grape juice is also a good additive if your medium is "ALIVE"

lilzayne

lilzayne

A lot of people think that sweetners = tasty buds... this has not been my experience. My experience is that sweetners/carbs are used to add weight. If you're looking to add flavor you may wanna look into adding more guanos. Guanos are what give me good tastes, for example 'pure blend' or 'floralicious'. Just my 2 cents

C

concretedawg

sweetners....

carbs and sweetners are used for weight at the end for no help with flavor when you flush you want all that nasty shit out of there anyway including the sweeteners!!!!! the help with tricrome production and final weight period, i do run sweetners in veg the reason is i also run ro water and when it is stripped you neeed to not only add cal mag but add micro nutes and trace elements...some beni's wouldnt hurt you either , but no peroxied it willl kill the living things.....play around with it each palnt and eviroment is differnt so everyone has there own say in shit!!!! caapish...
if you want a gnarly nute regime pm me!!!! glad to help .

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I hate sweetners they make all your herb taste the same i dont know about u bro but i love the natural flavors in my herb.Og's love there calmag i use 5ml per gallon but i use RO water I dont think u need it with tap water.

I just noticed a calcium deficiency developing in my hashplants and I run filtered tap water. My sativas are fine, but I think indicas really like the cal mag (heavy feeders in general). Molasses can't be beat for price and effectiveness (it contains alot of your micronutes, calciulm, iron, ect) but it does almost nothing in hydro so it's dirt only for sweeteners IMO.

Venom818

Venom818

I have tried a couple differnt sweetners in the past and it made my herb smell and taste the same a couple of my buddies noticed it 2

Z

zoeronerer

carbs help with overall quality , these things need a simple sugar source if you are pushing them hard.

u may be talking about sweet etc ... but carbs are not to be missed....you also said "natural flavors" well sugar molassus ,agave, and all the other sweetners are natural .
cal mag is an important step in an og nute program but so are sugars ....

its what all life runs on. you and me included ..

i like agave as a sweetner and carb source. it dosent lend a flavor to the pot just intensity ....

i also like bcuzz stimm because it packs on the weight and flavor .

oh and i read above a bit more ... i also use guano tea , kelp, liquid karma, worm casting tea , sometimes fish emulsion for hashplants ..... organics on top of you normal nutrient program always add complexity and weight /flavor to the final product if used correctly ...

and ye i use carbs more for weight than anything ....

very few people i know can pull more than 2.8 pounds per lite of og under a normal 1k(not vertical) .. i only can hit that when i push them with all the products i use . otherwise im rite about 2lbs a light. .... sugar is key to the extra .8

D

danseven

if you are soil growing then you can use good old molasses from the super market( the least cost) or if you have a good holistic food store I always used the Black Strap molasses. I have talked to some warehouse farmers in my area and most of the who are growing hydro all recommended a product called Sugar Daddy. They told me it would not gum up my pump. The benefits I have seen from the use of Molasses is the plants use the sugars to strengthen the cell walls of the stems. I also noticed that they seam to produce more frost on the flowers. I do think that it does make the hairs turn a more amber color sooner than not using Molasses or a sweetener.

Latest posts

Top Bottom