Carbon Air Filter Question

• Thread starter thebombhehe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thebombhehe

Hi guys,

I have a 6" by 24" Carbon Air Filter. It's decently big, but I was just wondering how you guys would go about hanging this inside of a 5" by 5" tent. I bought three wooden beams, one inch in thickness; 6 inches long, and I plan to saw them to fit inside to hang my filter in.

I was told that chain is the best security for the filter. Do you guys have any other ideas?

G gnome

G gnome

Hi guys,

I have a 6" by 24" Carbon Air Filter. It's decently big, but I was just wondering how you guys would go about hanging this inside of a 5" by 5" tent. I bought three wooden beams, one inch in thickness; 6 inches long, and I plan to saw them to fit inside to hang my filter in.

I was told that chain is the best security for the filter. Do you guys have any other ideas?
for a filter that small u can use a cpl bungees

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You could also use zip ties. I would suggest the commercial kind like they use for hvac. You could als use 1/4 inc cable. But that would take a lot of extra hardware. If your not mechancaly inclined I would stay away from cable. You could also a use rope and a pulley system. That way it’s easier to get up and down, if need be. You could also reinforce the top of the tent to hold it up high with yo-yos. Let’s see???? Give me a minute,I’ll think of some other ways......oh you can get all this stuff at a hardware store, they got lots of good shit for grow rooms

G gnome

G gnome

You could also use zip ties. I would suggest the commercial kind like they use for hvac. You could als use 1/4 inc cable. But that would take a lot of extra hardware. If your not mechancaly inclined I would stay away from cable. You could also a use rope and a pulley system. That way it’s easier to get up and down, if need be. You could also reinforce the top of the tent to hold it up high with yo-yos. Let’s see???? Give me a minute,I’ll think of some other ways......oh you can get all this stuff at a hardware store, they got lots of good shit for grow rooms

Might wanna consult an engineer

Gen3

Gen3

I heard these are unreliable and not secure. How has your experience been with them?

the brand I got was pretty strong, I didn't actually get the same brand that I posted above. I have them holding all kinds of stuff: 4x8 t5 fixtures, 1k watt de hps and cmh fixtures, scrubbers, fans, drying racks, ducting. never had an issue I trust them 100%. usually bad reviews with things like this come from unrealistic expectations. can you use them to lift an engine? no, but they can hold up a light fixture that weighs a few pounds if you don't absolutely yank on them. usually what I do is once I have the height where I want it I tie a loop in the slack side of the line, then clip that into the clip mounting the ratchet body. that way if the ratchet mechanism fails the line will be anchored to the clip. haven't had an issue yet though.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I heard these are unreliable and not secure. How has your experience been with them?

Why would you ever need to raise or lower your carbon air filter? Am I missing something? ;-)

Gen3

Gen3

Why would you ever need to raise or lower your carbon air filter? Am I missing something? ;-)

not sure if you're joking or not, but for me it just makes it easier to change it out or to swap/clean the pre filter, especially if you're short or the ceiling is tall.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi guys,

With handcuffs!!! Shit wrong website.

With zipties!!!

Madmax

Madmax

not sure if you're joking or not, but for me it just makes it easier to change it out or to swap/clean the pre filter, especially if you're short or the ceiling is tall.
Im actually going to do the same .the filter and extractor will b hung at the front so if anything shits itself,fan etc, i can unscrew the fan off 2 small boards and lower without having to go over the plants to get to it..

xavier7995

xavier7995

I use rope and fashion it into a sling of sorts, though really anything should work. If i was to go to the store rather than just using what was in hand, bungee cords seem like the way to go. They really arent that heavy.

Top Bottom