carbon filter brands who can you trust?

• Thread starter tygable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JAHGYDI

i seen that you can hose them out. is this true? can we exuast air out of a filter?

qupee

qupee

i seen that you can hose them out. is this true? can we exuast air out of a filter?

absolutely.

Some will say it shortens the life because the air contacts less surface area, but I don't exactly buy it (just cause the inside surface is less area than the outside surface wouldn't matter, as the air contacts surface of carbon all the way through, and should push through as many spaces whether you pull or push through the filter).

G

Growing247

Not sure what you're asking. I'm sitting here trimming some outdoor Oregon grown Ak-47 with purple leaves and some really dense buds. Not that that has anything to do with filters but remember folks to keep those dehumidifiers running especially at night because humidity above 55% starts to clog the charcoal filter and makes it work harder and is less efficient.

G

Growing247

What bugs the crap out of me is no matter how well you insulate the fan the filter/fan combo is the biggest source of noise in my grow room. I've seen people use coolers packed with expanding foam to insulate the noise boxes that hold the fan and are hung by rubber cords. Adding speed controllers to slow the fans down. I'm wondering if adding a speed controller would help the noise level if I was to add one to my ECO PLUS or whatever its called. The blue one.

T

treehugger

What bugs the crap out of me is no matter how well you insulate the fan the filter/fan combo is the biggest source of noise in my grow room. I've seen people use coolers packed with expanding foam to insulate the noise boxes that hold the fan and are hung by rubber cords. Adding speed controllers to slow the fans down. I'm wondering if adding a speed controller would help the noise level if I was to add one to my ECO PLUS or whatever its called. The blue one.

Have you tried fitting a silencer to the output?

T

tygable

Also, does anyone have experience with an active air filter?

Musicianized

Musicianized

I have a controller and run my fan at about 70%, it helps a little but actually my filter sucking air is noisier than the fan itself.

Top Bottom