Carbon Filter Failure?

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Ok I’m on 3 rd grow.
Only about 6 weeks or so from seed couple strains.
It’s smelling like fresh green real strong.
I used to run duct with moth balls direct outside. Having multiple rooms now I got carbon filter. Filter the flower tent blow that towards the veg box which has a direct vent to outside on 3rd floor.
I hook carbon filter up. Ipower 6 inch filter.
6 inch fan.
And no airflow. I mean none. I removed the sock n thought maybe being it’s moving through all these little holes on big can I’m just not noticing it. I left it for about hour. Room went over 100 degrees. I took off and was back at 85 before I left.

Any ideas?
And you can push or pull through those filters right?

Oh and fan never made noises and barely got warm. Was warm but not hot.
Also air conditioner was set real low cause haven’t needed it really this grow. So it didn’t help.

Monster762

Monster762

oh and one end of the can is flat n sealed. I just had it sitting like that standing up. Was that wrong? Hopefully it’s something simple n not just bs filter. I’m prepared to go to dollar store for moth balls if I got to.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You could do this, its gonna be messy.

Go outside, and close all windows. Place fan blowing IN to the scrubber. Turn on. It should blow all the dust and dirt n such back out of the scrubber. I'd let it run this way until no more debris is coming out. Also jar, shake, rattle, bounce, kick, bodyslam, what have you, to aide in dislodging and stuck debris.

Or use compressed air and now from inside out. And do above steps.

Wear a dust mask, or respirator.

Or buy another one. I like phresh filters. I have 6 of their 8" short n fat filters. Iirc, each has 40# of carbon. I like a lot of carbon for my $.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok I’m on 3 rd grow.
Only about 6 weeks or so from seed couple strains.
It’s smelling like fresh green real strong.
I used to run duct with moth balls direct outside. Having multiple rooms now I got carbon filter. Filter the flower tent blow that towards the veg box which has a direct vent to outside on 3rd floor.
I hook carbon filter up. Ipower 6 inch filter.
6 inch fan.
And no airflow. I mean none. I removed the sock n thought maybe being it’s moving through all these little holes on big can I’m just not noticing it. I left it for about hour. Room went over 100 degrees. I took off and was back at 85 before I left.

Any ideas?
And you can push or pull through those filters right?

Oh and fan never made noises and barely got warm. Was warm but not hot.
Also air conditioner was set real low cause haven’t needed it really this grow. So it didn’t help.
I pull through them and if they quit working then rotate it 45 degrees and hit it a few times with a mallet

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Anybody ever try to re activate carbon? Seen video on making activated charcoal. Involved soaking in calcium chloride solution then allowing to dry in the sun. Never tried. I've bumped mine around a bit. Seems to work.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I bought 20# of Australian activated carbon. Refilled a small 4"x 8" filter I use in my stash/cure cabinet. Works like a dream. Carbon cost me 19.99.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok did as recommended and beat it with a 3 lb hammer. Put piece of 2x4 on it n hit 2x4 to minimize damage. Worked great. I had air pushing through it so it was mess. Noticed first swing so I just ran shop vac next to where I hit as I hit it. Pretty clean. Been gots now n temps real nice n steady. No smell either. Open tent it has a serious funk. So it works. Thanks. I was gonna chalk it to a cheap filter n didn’t hAve time to get another. Going to flower soon (within days ) already half height of tent gotta bend em around during stretch

Monster762

Monster762

Ok did as recommended and beat it with a 3 lb hammer. Put piece of 2x4 on it n hit 2x4 to minimize damage. Worked great. I had air pushing through it so it was mess. Noticed first swing so I just ran shop vac next to where I hit as I hit it. Pretty clean. Been gots now n temps real nice n steady. No smell either. Open tent it has a serious funk. So it works. Thanks. I was gonna chalk it to a cheap filter n didn’t hAve time to get another. Going to flower soon (within days ) already half height of tent gotta bend em around during stretch
Been hours not gots dumbass smartphone.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Along with giving em a spank now and then, you should clean the prefilter sock. I've only read this, I've yet to clean mine. Been two flower runs. I'm planning on doing it soon. I'm assuming just rinse, soak, wash and let dry thoroughly. Must be dry before returning to the filter. Could be wrong, but it seems I've read this procedure somewhere. Gonna give it a whirl and let you know.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I used the sock to wipe the dust up earlier. Running no sock. Working good though. No smell. Left for couple hours just to be sure. No smell til I open the tent

Latest posts

Top Bottom