Carbon filter on intake

• Thread starter radical farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

Would it be a good idea to put a carbon filter on an inline fan for intake? I tried this once and it made the room reek like a dentists office! Carbon was all in the air, it made it so I could really not smell any plants! So it worked extremely well at cleaning the air, but is this good to be breathing in all that carbon? Is it good for the plants if all that carbon is being blown directly on them?
Not needed on inlet

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Here it is the carbon filter with pre-filter, the fan is blowing through it.
Where you're carbon filter is should be the last stop for the air besides being blown out the holes. It sounds as if you wasted a lot of the carbon that was inside of it. You don't want that stuff in the air in your garden room. Just a damn mess.to clean up in my opinion.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I'd che
Yes, I have a prefilter on my scrubber. What I'm saying is that my plants are getting TOO stinky at lights off, even with the carbon scrubber. I have a Goblin 6" carbon scrubber attatched to my 1000whps, then to a 745cfm inline fan to exhaust out of the tent. This is hardly even touching the smell at lights out! I even turn off the intake fan to get strictly negative pressure inside of the tent, and it still reeks. I've 24 plants in a 5x5 area. Most of them are cali connection gear too, so they fucking reek to high heaven! Good for my wife & I, bad for my neighbors...

What I'm asking is if it would be a good idea to now put a carbon filter on my intake as well. It will be literally BLOWING carbon out of the filter, into the grow tent (on the plants), BUT it also cleans the room air A LOT better. It literally smells like a dentist office in the room after leaving the carbon blowing into the room like that for about a half hour. It completely takes care of any odors, because its filling the room with carbon. I believe I've heard this refered to as "carbon scrubbing" a room. I'm just not sure if this is a good idea for me or my plants to be breathing in all that carbon. Will it do any harm?
I'd check out a phresh filter or ventech. Both work well and no odor

Top Bottom