carbon filter question?

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

I got a room going to be rockin 1k and two 600hps, got 60 sprouts and 20 kakalak seeds ill be bustin off.. over 60 plants ill say 2 1/2 - 3 ft finished. Will a 4inch carbfilter and vortex take care of the funk??? Wont have it runnin to any shields just str8 pullin air and filtering.. let me know guys thanks. And how long will it last atleast 4 months?

Z

Zojomeds

In MHO taht will not be enough for a couple reasons. The 4" vortex is about 176 CFM. That will get reduced a fair bit by pulling through the fan. If you want the room to refresh 2-3 times per minute that will only refresh some 50-60 cubic feet of grow space, which based on your lights and plants is probably too small.

Furthermore, in my own grow a 6" Phresh Filter used in a 3X3 grow tent barley works wonders through the grow until the last few weeks. Based on this a 4" with some 60-80 plants will likely not be sufficient to scrub your air.

Hope that helps. PM if you want more detailed responses.

S

SRHninja

You can not pm yet.. damnit i hope a 6inch works i found a fan and carb filter for $1oo bucks.. says its like 240cfm

K

kes5480

get that one and run ur 4inch...run em together

...thats if u already own the 4inch u were talkin about.lol

S

SRHninja

Nah i got a 6inch 400cfm hydrofarm running to my shields for cooling now im going to purchase the 6INCH WITH CARB Filter for $100 to use as odor control... Should work for two 600s and one 1k

S

SRHninja

When i say should work i mean i hope it can control the odor of a 2200watt grow lol i got 60 bagseed sprouts goin 20kakalak seeds on their way and def goin to order another strain

St3ve

St3ve

It depends on how much odor control you need. I have a similar sized grow and I have used the 4" filter with around a 200 cfm fan. During the last few weeks of flower, you can still smell it some outside if the wind hits you just right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom