Carbon Filter set up?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hi guys,

I'm about to grab a carbon filter and have never used one before. I'm growing in a 1.6m x .50m x 1.0m tent with a single 400w bulb in a cooltube. Cooltube is cooled by a single cpu exhaust fan that is outside the tent pulling through ducting that connects to the cool tube. What would be the best and most efficient way to add the filter to this set up? Thanks guys!

UG

O

Overvegg

Well you need a fan rated for the carbon filter. You probably need something stronger than a CPU fan. Otherwise thats how I have my ventilation setup.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hey Overvegg, yeah I'll get a rated inline fan I think. Whats your set up up?

O

Overvegg

I run a 3x3 hydrohut with an active air 26x16 rated at 200-400 CFM and a sunleaves 6 inch fan rated at 409cfm. I dont have any problem with smell. I actually smoke in the same room because it filters that out pretty well too.

sedate

sedate

Yea a carbon filter sized appropriately to actually eliminate smell requires an inline cannon fan. A computer fan is uhh - not gonna do it.

It might be overkill for a single 400 - but heh it'd certainly take good care of ventilation.

Something like this:

E

El.Knightrider

get a six inch fan & hang it from the top of your tent, you should have even got one with the tent, all the best with it.

U

ugk1

they sell small carbon filters at walmart that you plug into wall for ten buck, covers 6 feet i think might work

Top Bottom