Carbon Filter Size? Smell Is Bad....

• Thread starter blkhand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blkhand

Hello everyone. I got the DS60 which is 2'x2'x5'. I do have a Covert carbon filter (150) with an adjustable 144cfm to 210cfm fan. I use 400w hps. No matter I do I cannot get it to stop stinking! I look and make sure there's no leaks and such. I was thinking it was fan speed. I started with one of those cheap $30 filters that was crap. Then I bought the phresh filter and flange was to large! So I bought the Covert filter which was more $. Seems like a good one and think its the fan speed. Any help or I was thinking about the 4x12 200cfm instead. Could it just be the 150 cfm size? Phresh filter size calculator states its 20cu ft. Even states 157 cfm. ???? Also does the phresh filter 4x12 flange actually fit the 4" flange? Because the 4x8 flange was to large and thought it was a joke.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Hello everyone. I got the DS60 which is 2'x2'x5'. I do have a Covert carbon filter (150) with an adjustable 144cfm to 210cfm fan. I use 400w hps. No matter I do I cannot get it to stop stinking! I look and make sure there's no leaks and such. I was thinking it was fan speed. I started with one of those cheap $30 filters that was crap. Then I bought the phresh filter and flange was to large! So I bought the Covert filter which was more $. Seems like a good one and think its the fan speed. Any help or I was thinking about the 4x12 200cfm instead. Could it just be the 150 cfm size? Phresh filter size calculator states its 20cu ft. Even states 157 cfm. ???? Also does the phresh filter 4x12 flange actually fit the 4" flange? Because the 4x8 flange was to large and thought it was a joke.

You have any pics of your setup?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

My flower tent chamber is 2x2x5 I also run 400 watt light. But I run a "6 400cfm can fan with a matching 400cfm phresh carbon filter with 6" flange. I think it's dimensions were "6x"16. It works perfectly to keep all the stank contained.

The "6 fan moves a lot of air but once all losses are accounted for (intake filter, charcoal filter pre-filter, charcoal filter, ducting, fan, ducting, light fixture, ducting out). You don't have as much left as when you started.

So having a nice large overhead is perfect.
It will enable you to compensate for things like overly dirty intake filter causing Extra resistance. Fan just Ramps up to a higher speed/cfm to compensate.

I copied these pics from my journal.
Downloadfile

Downloadfile 1

Last edited:
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Where is your exhaust going?
My guess it's not leaving the room your tent is in. Which has you basically pissing against the wind.
Try having your exhaust exit directly outside of the room the tent is in. This will cause a negative pressure in your tent having the smell pass through the carbon filter.

Top Bottom