carbon filters-any suggestions?

• Thread starter jimmygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimmygreen

i am in the market for a 6" carbon filter. I see a couple different models on ebay that range from 180 to 220. Anyone have any success with these? Is one better than the other?
if there is already a thread on this, please help directing me to the proper place. thanks for everyones help.

I

ibTheMan

phresh filter are best IMO, you can get ah 6 x 24 for around $180 or less, just call local shops and find out who got um.

J

jimmygreen

thanks for the reply. I use a phresh filter currently in the room but i am lookin to add an additional. I guess i should have been a little more specific, there are combo packages on ebay-fan and filter combo. These price range from 180-220.
My question is if anyone has purchased any of these combos and if so how do rate them?
I know that i have seen some fellow farmers with them in their pics but i cant seem to locate them at the present.
thanks for all help

P

Paul Nepal

The fan/filter combos on ebay are just low quality in general. The fans are mostly plastic components which make them loud and the carbon filters use very poor carbon that is close to useless IMO. I prefer running Vortex fans, top quality very quiet in comparison and using Phat filters. Phat filer makes a 6" x 24" that works great for all 6" needs, it will run 450 CFM. The Phat filter comes with the flange attatched already and has the best carbon on the market, along with a propitery funnel that makes the air spread through all the carbon.

M

mintz

rhino filters (same as phat filters)there the best iv come across

S

smokestack23

Hmmm...well...I've bought the cheap plastic sub standard shoddy combos from eBay and mine were metal fans with proper carbon and work like champs. The fans look to be the same as I see in growshops for 200 bucks alone.

Either way, I bought a 6"X 22"(?) can with 440cfm blower that came with 30' of 6" ali ducting. I paid like $160 shipped. The grade of carbon is listed on the auction page.

Last week I ordered an 8" 750cfm kit from them and it too is working like a champ. I'm not sure hwta these "better" fans and filters do that these don't. Can they do more than scrub the air of odors? If they was your car or something too I could justify spending 3 or 4 times as much but for now...for me...these pieces of shit are the cat's ass. OH...btw...I paid LESS ($140 shipped) for the 8".

I'm not affiliated with the seller but I can give you a link if you PM me. They still have both the 6 and 8inch kits for auction and they can still be picked-up for a song. Their BIN prices are more in line with the "good" kits. You just gotta be a BIT patient and diligent and you can snatch one up for peanuts. If you don't like the grade of carbon they come with you could always dump it and re-fill it with your preference. You'd still be saving a ton of loot.

A

Latest posts

Top Bottom