Carbon Scrubber Question

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

Does anyone have experience with using carbon scrubber's in a 4x4 tent, i was using a cheapo Hydrofarm can, than was really thin, and didnt work great, it just dosent do the trick when their in flower. I still plan to use it in my little veg tent, but im upgrading my 4x4 tent now i have some gals around.

Anyway im goin to be using a 6'' Hydrofarm inline fan, its 500cfm, the filters im looking at are Phresh Filter brand, my question is should i go with the 16'' or the 24'', if anyone has experience with the brand, and also does anyone have experience using the filters outside of the tent, blowing air through, as opposed to sucking air through and having the filter above my shade.

I also know that the Phresh 6'' 24'' filter is at the max reccomended cfm for my little Hydrofarm inline, ive talked to people that have used the fan with that size filter, but is having a fan thats on the low spectrum better than having a filter thats fan is running at optimal speeds. I think i may go with the 24'' becasue its larger and should help clear out more odors, this is when i wish this plant was legal, how could you be offended by that sweet sweet smell

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I run a can-filter 99 on a 4" fan in my 5x5 that keeps up decently even with a pre-filter.just be sure you buy a speed control,you'll cave that tent no prob with all those cfms

Calixylon

Calixylon

The tents holds up pretty well, I usually run it right around fullspeed right now, thats without a scrubber though. My main concern is the weight of the can, the last thing i want is a catastrophic tent malfunction. Been thinking about reinforcing my tent, i like the tents ability to isolate the smell and grow, but it would be nice to have something more stable, as the tents seem a bit chinsy to me.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Got it,I hang my 99 on yo-yo's and 2 bat wings off the upper supports just fine

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Does anyone have experience with using carbon scrubber's in a 4x4 tent, i was using a cheapo Hydrofarm can, than was really thin, and didnt work great, it just dosent do the trick when their in flower. I still plan to use it in my little veg tent, but im upgrading my 4x4 tent now i have some gals around.

Anyway im goin to be using a 6'' Hydrofarm inline fan, its 500cfm, the filters im looking at are Phresh Filter brand, my question is should i go with the 16'' or the 24'', if anyone has experience with the brand, and also does anyone have experience using the filters outside of the tent, blowing air through, as opposed to sucking air through and having the filter above my shade.

I also know that the Phresh 6'' 24'' filter is at the max reccomended cfm for my little Hydrofarm inline, ive talked to people that have used the fan with that size filter, but is having a fan thats on the low spectrum better than having a filter thats fan is running at optimal speeds. I think i may go with the 24'' becasue its larger and should help clear out more odors, this is when i wish this plant was legal, how could you be offended by that sweet sweet smell

Hello.

I currently flower in a 5x5 tent. I have been using my Phresh filter 6x24 for 3 years now. I have used it in the tent, and I've used it outside the tent, pulling air from lung room through lights then out. I would recommend it.

Best of luck.
Peace

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The tents holds up pretty well, I usually run it right around fullspeed right now, thats without a scrubber though. My main concern is the weight of the can, the last thing i want is a catastrophic tent malfunction. Been thinking about reinforcing my tent, i like the tents ability to isolate the smell and grow, but it would be nice to have something more stable, as the tents seem a bit chinsy to me.
Maybe set it upright on a milk crate?

Here's one way......
20150723 123129 1

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea, i think im gonna go with the 24'', my plan is to hang the sucker above the actual hood, think im gonna try and find a stud in the ceiling and support the inline and filter that way. The 4x4 seems so small, id rather not use up the space, but we will see. So your phresh filter has been going for 3 years, do you think its becasue the 24'' can is a bit overkill for a small tent, so its just lasting longer?

Ive also heard of people putting saran wrap over 1/2 of the can, and flopping that every run to save some of the life. Anyone hear of that?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Yea, i think im gonna go with the 24'', my plan is to hang the sucker above the actual hood, think im gonna try and find a stud in the ceiling and support the inline and filter that way. The 4x4 seems so small, id rather not use up the space, but we will see. So your phresh filter has been going for 3 years, do you think its becasue the 24'' can is a bit overkill for a small tent, so its just lasting longer?

Ive also heard of people putting saran wrap over 1/2 of the can, and flopping that every run to save some of the life. Anyone hear of that?

Never heard of that one with the Saran wrap.
But yes. My filter has lasted as long as it has because I use too big of a filter , and I run 2 exhausts and 2 carbon filters. The other filter is through my wall in laundry. Im a high rise grower and I must keep the smell down.
Peace

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i live in a trailer park, so im not so much worried about bothering people about the smell, i just dont want anyone coming to see my garden while im at work. But id rather be safe that sorry, especially when ill be drying and harvesting, id rather have a bit extra filtration.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I always hung my 6x24 from my roof in my HydroHut with no issues. Does your tent frame have metal or plastic corners? If plastic, I'd be wary.

outwest

SupaM

SupaM

I also run and recommend a Phresh filter. I've tried the cheaper ones, a Can filter, and none have lasted or did the job like the Phresh. Being made partially of aluminum, they are lighter than most, so I hung it from the roof of my tent. ATB!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

One more for phresh filters,mines a 10x39 and not in a tent and its going on 2 years no issues.I also like the hyper fans by phresh too,built in speed control so you can dial it right in,uses 1/2 the amps of others,super quiet,the 6'' only draws 1/2 an amp!The saran wrap thing doesnt even make sense,why try to block filtration?you want all the area you can get.
hyperfan6_701400.png

Top Bottom