Caregivers right to privacy !

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

So I am involved with a caregiver grow. In a warehouse , legal as you can be. We have had police, ,inspectors and electrical inspectors in the building. We heard from another person about an inspector talking about our grow. Wtf. They can just go around and talk to people about our grow? The person they told was an electrician not even another official.The electrician did work in one the units in our row. The inspector asked if it was the one with the grow. He didn't know dude knows us. There are only 4 units.You think being a professional they would understand the risks of robbers in these situations. Are all the officials sitting around bullshitting about the grows they go to? You trust they are going to be discrete. There is no way to keep them out. I mean we have told no one in our area about our spot and half the fucking block knows now. Seems like the city is trying to get us robbed.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It sucks for you but there are no privacy/confidentiality laws in place to prevent someone from talking about your grow,You assume all the risk and the reward.Your other choice would have been to keep it on the down low limiting who knows about it,unfortunately in trying to be ''legal'' you broke the first rule of potclub which is we never talk about potclub.

soserthc1

soserthc1

And being you chose to go the Legal route along comes these disadvantages but there are positives , they came and went and your still operating , you can always just step up security , which should of been in place anyway and there are 1000's of other that would love to have your job or operation instead of a boring 9-5 ..... unfortunately there are big mouths in all walks of life.... my 2

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You need to assume they told everybody that would listen, half the block, their friends, family, everybody back at their shop, every vendor they get their supplies from, and definately anybody they know that smokes weed...there is absolutely no expectation of privacy when you get the trades runnin around your "legal" grow....the cities have a map on the wall where all the grows are, they required to..

T

TopRock

in my short time in the game, ive found that really no one can keep there mouth shut. once the cats outta the bag, everyone knows, its chatter at the coffee clubs, especially when you live in a very small rural area, the whole damn country knows about it by 7am, lol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The cops all waive at me in my little town of 600...friggin sucks but it is what it is....I even had one of the sheriffs that whacked me be on the side of the road writing someone a ticket and look up, stop what he was doin and waive..lol.the main sheriff out here will pop his lights when he sees me just to give me a heart attack..plus all the electric company guys get a kick out of me because I use more power in a month than the whole town combined...lol..hard to believe and its only 7800kwh+ a month...lol

My bondsman knew who I was before I even called him, now thats some shit

You especially have to watch trades that claim to be 420 friendly and there are alot of those out there

ttystikk

ttystikk

Rights? Privacy?! Where the fuck do you think we live, anyway? No one has been standing up for our rights- other than the ACLU- for longer than my lifetime!

This is America- we are the land of the promises we make- and then don't keep. Just ask our 'native American' friends.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The privacy concerns the patients and you. You are responsible to keep the identity of the patients secured/private.
The inspector is not a doctor, you're not meeting him in different capacity than when he goes into any other BUSINESS. You'd have to check with a lawyer to see if you are able to get non-disclosure agreements in the future, but probably not with public officials.

But on the bright side, you're legal and the cops know where you. So if you have a decent security system set up, you should be fairly well covered.
Because cops like busting people for burglary too, the icing is when they are not only b&e, but also in felony possession of Marijuana.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

We already have been dodging bullets. Every harvest its seems some official has a reason to come by. Of course we have to refuse. We only let them in in between harvests. We just don't answer the door if they show up without an appointment. It was a fire in the unit next to ours that brought all the officials. Now we are balls deep in the "official" side. On one hand it seems nice because if they have a problem they can talk to us and not get the police involved . But I am sure if they get cute and start busting caregivers well than we are fucked. Shit if they come in while we are drying it could get complicated. They never push the issue if we make a future appointment with them. Security is good and getting better every harvest but the more security we put the more obvious it is. Luckily immediate businesses around us seem to have stable decent employees. The neighbors know we grow but they have no idea how much or how many lights they think its a workshop too we are there 40 plus hours a week.
But just to be clear we haven't had any mmj officials there only firefighters , fire inspector,electrical inspector and 1 police officer that was actually very cool about the situation. He came when the firefighters say our grow. When the cop came there was no product there of any kind also.

squiggly

squiggly

The cops all waive at me in my little town of 600...friggin sucks but it is what it is....I even had one of the sheriffs that whacked me be on the side of the road writing someone a ticket and look up, stop what he was doin and waive..lol.the main sheriff out here will pop his lights when he sees me just to give me a heart attack..plus all the electric company guys get a kick out of me because I use more power in a month than the whole town combined...lol..hard to believe and its only 7800kwh+ a month...lol

My bondsman knew who I was before I even called him, now thats some shit

You especially have to watch trades that claim to be 420 friendly and there are alot of those out there

Its a bit off topic but I had a similar situation in my own home town and I was never even charged with anything or caught for anything.

They pulled me over each day, every time they could find me and always bullshitted a reason to search my car. They cut my seats in my car up right after I bought it, tore out the carpeting in my trunk, pulled the plastic out from around my door frames, and still pulled me over every chance they got.

It got to the point that they'd pull me over and I just get out of the car right away and tell them "Go ahead and search it."

Of course they were dicks and made me get back in, but ultimately I told em you can search it if you want and they always did. They knew I wouldn't drive with shit it was just to constantly harass me because it was known that I was a dealer. I smoked hella blunts in my car out in the boonies with friends, so dogs would always indicate on my vehicle regardless--it was worthless to try to fight the searches.

Raided my house multiple times and didn't find so much as a bowl or the ashes of a joint--but just kept the harassment up.

One time I ran into the mother of one of my childhood friends. Early on he had moved in with his father out west and he was a really good friend. Hadn't seen him in years. I shot the shit with her a little bit in the gas station and said hey man tell your son if he's ever out this way to give me a ring. She told me he'd be in town a week from then for a visit and asked me for my number, so I gave it.

Right then a cop walks in and I walk out.

A week later I bump into him at the same gas station and said, "Hey did your mom ever give you my number?!"

He said no, that the cop who walked in right after me said I was a drug dealer and bad news and to stay away from me. Of course he didn't care--but it's just the principle of the thing. Keep in mind I had NEVER been charged with ANY drug offense, not even possession.

Apparently I was guilty until proven innocent and slander was all of a sudden legal. I'm not an asshole, I was a drug dealer--so it's not like I fault the cops for being suspicious of me and shit like that, it was their job. It was known in the town/school that if you wanted drugs I was your guy. The harassment and fucking telling people that I'm just commiserating with though? Ridiculous. Catch me the legit way if you're "doing your job". It should be about arresting me under the law and catching me red handed--not purposely ruining my life because you're unable to actually do your job (because I'm too smart for you).

Protect and serve my nutbag. Meanwhile they never caught any of the dudes who shot my friends or who randomly buck shots at people at the gas station or car wash. None of the robbery suspects, none of that shit. Unsolved murders, rapes, robberies, and all types of that shit up on the board--but they have time to talk some shit about an 18 year old and to harass him every single day (sometimes up to 2 and 3 times a day I'd get pulled over).

I guess it was a blessing in disguise as I wasn't really doing shit with my life and this was one of the main things that got me to leave town finally, and that's how I started down the road of getting my education and all that--but I mean god damn.

They STILL fuck with me when I come back around there, but it's a bit better because a lot of the old guys retired.

muir

muir

My med garden is in the middle of my town, alarmed. Been broken into 3 times. No booty taken. the local leo got the kids the last time. Tried to "mission impossible it" down into a covered sky light. the juvenile system did shit for me restitution wise but the PO are righteous in my town, did the job, no hassles.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

If you are growing in a commercial space, then just like any other type of business, everyone will know! ADT makes a ton of money in Colorado! Its no ones job but yours to secure it.

putembk

putembk

I know you guys are mostly talking about a commercial grow, but as a tent grower I can't even have a gun in my house without fear of federal retaliation. How could I protect myself in the event of a break in. If I sign up with ADT and they send the cops now I have another problem. I Tell NOBODY!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The gun deal really doesn't have to do with the feds...basically what it does is create a possibility of an enhanced felony charge to a state felony 2 or an aggravated felony charge for the use of a weapon in the commission of a crime.. really has nothing to do with the feds or federal charges at all but can enhance a state felony 5 or 6 to a felony 2 if it is determined that you used the gun in a commission of the charged crime...it really in no way limits your ability to posses a firearm for protection or security..for the most part it has to do more with violent crimes and crimes against people..

So if it is determined that your growing activity is illegal, they could make the stretch and say you are in the process of committing a crime by growing marijuana so the presence of gun constitutes being used in the commission of a crime...In the state of Colorado, at a state level, provided you are within your numbers and weight, you are not committing a crime by simply growing and possessing marijuana..so no crime is being committed so there is no charge to enhance because no chargeable offense has been committed....just don't use your shotgun as a shovel..lol

In Colorado if you have a 1000 plants and 250lbs of dried finished bagged material sittin in your living room, your still not in federal territory, unless you have some assets like property, cash, cars, gold, silver..something for the feds to seize..it is still state felony charges...like I have said before, the feds don't give two shits about your grow, all they want is your assets...period... If you own a pile of land, have a $50k or so in the bank, $50k or so in cash at your house, a couple of gold bars, etc...you can a few onces or a couple of plants over your numbers and the feds are probably goin to get involved and take all your shit...again it has nothing to do with the scale of your grow, its what you have that they can take.

My shotgun was right beside my bed when they came and taxed me and it never even came up even as the sheriff was lookin at and askin me if it was loaded...he set it right back down and commented that it was similar to there police issue shotguns..

You may need it to shoot the ADT installer when he comes back and try to rip you off or sells your information to another group of thugs so they can come rip you off

If you are not growing thousands of plants, trafficing major wieght, stock piling hundreds of pounds, or own a despensery that is on the radar..you are wastin your time worrying about the feds...not to say a healthy paranoia isn't good but don't get carried away.

putembk

putembk

Thanks for the info TK. So what you are saying is that if you have considerable assets you are more of a target than the guy living under a bridge and selling baggies at Civic Center Park. Interesting! So the same crime isn't created equal because of individual assets. Guess that means I better keep my ass pretty much in compliance.
So with this all coming down and all new regs how many plants can you have in your garden? If you have a red card (not a caregiver) and another adult living at the same residence. I have heard 6,12 and even 18.
Does anybody really know?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No one really knows yet but I have heard 18 unless you have an elevated plant count red card rec..

It is definatley different set of rule if ya have a little something for the feds to snag..a millionaire with a pound better watch out and a bum with a 10 pounds has no worries

You can have 5lbs of blow in Denver these days and it is still state charges, no feds

My attorney has a badass car, wears silk suits, and has a super nice house...lol

Top Bottom