Caring For Clones

• Thread starter Badwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Badwolf

Ive taken my first set of clones which seems to be the easy part but i havent found to much detail on caring for them for the first 2-3 weeks. Just wanted to get some advice and see if im on track to make some healthy plants as they currently dont look to healthy.
Right now they are a week old in a humidity dome
huimidty is always pretty high i spray twice a day
tempetures fluctuate between 74-80
Rock wool with hormone gel
ph 5.5 and ive added some nutes recently to hopefully combat the defficancies/toxicity they are showing
ppm 100-150 with a base of 68 ppm from the tap
currently under 8 bulb t5 thats about 1-2feet from the top of the dome

Just want to see if there is any advice out there to help me improve my clones health and how i should proceed ove the next two weeks to continue or if im on or off track.

Caring for clones
Caring for clones 2
Caring for clones 3
ken dog

ken dog

Go easy on the nutes... It's hard to fix the deficiencies, and avoid toxicity, if you are constantly adding nutrients.
You want the roots to grow... Which is why you cut off the tips of your leaves.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I believe the answer for you is too much light, back the light up until they can absorb some nutrients through the stem. (t5 are pretty hot lights) The amount you gave is about perfect for recovering plus they may root in lower light right now. I have limited experience with rockwool but I do have almost a year using it. Anything I could say about using rockwool is said here by guys who I believe have more experience and this is only one of the many threads Google returns when using the site keyword to search this site.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...nd-first-experience-with-rockwool-help.48357/

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use a t5 as its more compact for my area. I get root ball in 4 days, potting in 8. 6.0 ph, tap only, dip n grow cloner solution. 84-86*, 60% rh, no dome, Aero cloner. The reason your leaves look like that is the plant is growing and needs feeding, so they take the stored food in the leaves to grow roots this having the level looking like that.

Bannacis

Bannacis

After a few days or so under the dome and spraying, remove the dome. spray the tops once a day at first then every other day. keep moisture in tray, cubes damp. water in tray and cube should be slightly warm not cold. heat pad helps.
Now that you are lowering the humidity above, and having humidity at bottom this should trigger roots.
I use the dome and the clones will have some new growth, once dome is removed the clone will have no choice but to pop roots to survive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom