Casey Grows Some Kimbo Kush!

• Thread starter caseyjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caseyjones

Hello All!

I will be documenting my Kimbo Kush grow here. Feel free to tune in :) I already popped one seed previously, though it had trouble once it broke ground.. and I decided to kill it off, but also had some space clear up since and thought id go ahead and start over with 5 more kimbo beans lol. Seen a few grows on here from the fellow farmers as well and you guys were straight killing it with these kimbos so i picked up a pack :D

Some pics!
Casey grows some kimbo kush
Casey grows some kimbo kush 2

Nice big healthy beans :D
Casey grows some kimbo kush 3

5 selected beans, they were put in a paper towel around 12 or so hours ago
Casey grows some kimbo kush 4

and now around 12 hours later 3 have small tails and 2 have opened but havent come through completely but i suspect ill get 100% on germ.

I'll try to keep this thread as up to date as possible! I've also got some other strains growing in my thread in the sig feel free to check it out :eek: Thanks for looking!:)

alaskind

alaskind

Right on caseyjones! Im doing a pheno hunt of Kimbo at the moment as well. Im at week 6 flowering and have identified 3 phenos so far, been working on lowering temps to get that purps as well.... there are a few farmers here that have done well with her, you should be able to get plenty of feedback if needed. I stoked to be watchin another Kimbo run, grow on brothah!

C

caseyjones

Right on caseyjones! Im doing a pheno hunt of Kimbo at the moment as well. Im at week 6 flowering and have identified 3 phenos so far, been working on lowering temps to get that purps as well.... there are a few farmers here that have done well with her, you should be able to get plenty of feedback if needed. I stoked to be watchin another Kimbo run, grow on brothah!
Thanks brotha! I have been watchin your thread actually :) killer stuff bro, it helped get these seeds popped for a mini pheno hunt :D Also, for bringing the colors out, im not sure if shroomking mentioned it to ya but here he said in another thread:

I just pulled my latest batch of Kimbo. She was pulled at day 60 of 11/13. She went darker , black in spots, than all previous runs and has a sweeter smell also. Temps were at 76*f lights on , 70*f lights off. Hope you get a dark pheno! View attachment 445948View attachment 445949
Peace.

Heres the thread its a good read, and shroomking & others drop some valueable kimbo knowledge and nug shots

I'll definitely try out the 11/13 I think, and I also think i'll definitely be running past 56 days as well lol but we will see soon! thanks again bro! and im definitely watchin that kimbo thread of yours :D

alaskind

alaskind

I think Ill be taking em later as I want to see which girl will show colors, and I recently read through all the threads I could find on Kimbo here at the farm. As a result Ive changed things around so I can run low &70s (day ) & as cold as i want during dark. Ive decided to try 68 cause Im late cooling them.... I may lose some yield but want to identify darkness... Glad your following my grow, Im happy so far with it....

C

caseyjones

I think Ill be taking em later as I want to see which girl will show colors, and I recently read through all the threads I could find on Kimbo here at the farm. As a result Ive changed things around so I can run low &70s (day ) & as cold as i want during dark. Ive decided to try 68 cause Im late cooling them.... I may lose some yield but want to identify darkness... Glad your following my grow, Im happy so far with it....
For sure bro. Good luck with the temps, what are ya at now? My tent is usually around 76-78 during lights on, and can get as low as 60's during lights out. I usually have problems with humidity more than temps:( I would think your ladies showing any signs of darkening should get purp'd up pretty nice with an extended run and lowered temps!

alaskind

alaskind

Right now, in dark Im running 68, during light 70-73. I had been running about 70 at night, 80-83 day, was getting really nice bud growth, but did some more reading here and decided to drop temps. @thunderfudge has been full of info as well as others....

C

caseyjones

Haha thanks fellas! @GrowAholiC mine are indeed F1's, though I wasn't sure for a minute. After some research it seems they are. I got mine in June from svoc. At the time he was posting pics of f2's so I must've got one of the last packs. @ShroomKing thanks brotha! Your Kimbo and @thunderfudge 's are 100% the reason I picked em up. :D

Anyway! An update. Of the 5 I started I got 100% germ rates and 0% sprout rates. Lol. Not really sure what happened honestly. So I Started another 5 and of those 5, 1 didn't sprout, 2 were heavily mutated and never grew out of it, one was less mutated and seems to have grown out of it. And one was perfectly healthy. I'm pretty bummed, I was really stoked on these and may just start the rest of the seeds I have now. No idea what I coulda done wrong, everything else in the garden is booming. Hopefully I still can't go wrong with some Kimbo! @ShroomKing

Heres pics of the 2 around still.

Kimbo #8

And her clone, which has been moved to 12/11 for sexing.

Kimbo #9

These seem to be showing signs of def, and way earlier than most of my plants. The #9 especially. I'll be cloning the 9 soon and moving to 12/12 soon after it roots if it roots!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Haha thanks fellas! @GrowAholiC mine are indeed F1's, though I wasn't sure for a minute. After some research it seems they are. I got mine in June from svoc. At the time he was posting pics of f2's so I must've got one of the last packs. @ShroomKing thanks brotha! Your Kimbo and @thunderfudge 's are 100% the reason I picked em up. :D

Anyway! An update. Of the 5 I started I got 100% germ rates and 0% sprout rates. Lol. Not really sure what happened honestly. So I Started another 5 and of those 5, 1 didn't sprout, 2 were heavily mutated and never grew out of it, one was less mutated and seems to have grown out of it. And one was perfectly healthy. I'm pretty bummed, I was really stoked on these and may just start the rest of the seeds I have now. No idea what I coulda done wrong, everything else in the garden is booming. Hopefully I still can't go wrong with some Kimbo! @ShroomKing

Heres pics of the 2 around still.

Kimbo #8View attachment 542606View attachment 542607

And her clone, which has been moved to 12/11 for sexing. View attachment 542605 View attachment 542604

Kimbo #9
View attachment 542608 View attachment 542609

These seem to be showing signs of def, and way earlier than most of my plants. The #9 especially. I'll be cloning the 9 soon and moving to 12/12 soon after it roots if it roots!
Those poor little root bound plants need some soil. Please transplant then so they can grow.
Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You always seem to know intuitively when someone starts a grow log and then never follows up with it that they are sad or worse embarrassed over a perceived failure.

I would posit that in growing there are never failures only opportunities to learn to be a better farmer. :D
The true sad part is, :cry: if we start a grow log no matter the outcome, it should be shared even with a not so swell outcome as other farmers can learn from anothers mistakes. By not finalizing a log we are left with no knowledge gained........

Top Bottom