Cash for Gold....Is this the modern day gold seizure?

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

A good point that UN soldiers will not speak english but I think they will easily know what real gold is. And yes they could take your gold and shoot you in the head anyways.

The Res is just an example and yes it will be much worse off...and remember how they got the NAI's to the reservations (by burning crops, mutilating millions of Bison, brute force, Trail of Tears, etc.)

opt1c

opt1c

when shit hits the fan nobody is going to put value in a fuckin rock

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good Lord. If there are people here who believe the Sumerians used cacao, then we've got much, much bigger problems than whether to use money or barter.

Cort

Cort

There will come a day when lead is more valuable than gold.

bullet.gif

neverbreak

neverbreak

Good Lord. If there are people here who believe the Sumerians used cacao, then we've got much, much bigger problems than whether to use money or barter.

lol, ya know i didn't even think about that claim. it's utterly ridiculous to think that sumerians were using cacao beans as currency, let alone because they grew everywhere around them!

neverbreak

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cacao is a New World food. It didn't exist anywhere in the Near East until after Columbus. Just like potatoes, tomatoes, beans, squash, corn (maize), a whole slew of foods are from the Americas/New World only. And cacao (chocolate) is one of them. When you refer to Sumerians, you're going back, what... 5,000 years ago? That's wayyyy before Columbus.

They did use things like "silage" grains (barley and the like), gold, silver, those sorts of things. But not cacao (chocolate), because it didn't exist there. Perhaps the Mayans, et alia, used cacao, I don't see why that isn't possible, especially since so many tribes did consider it a sacred food.

Top Bottom