Cat Keeps Peeing in Plant

• Thread starter SDJ99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SDJ99

SDJ99

Okay, so Iā€™m gone for the weekend and have had my security camera set on my plants. My cat has found his way into the grow room and keeps peeing in the damn plants. Iā€™m very grateful he isnā€™t eating them. Iā€™m gone for a couple more days and Iā€™m wondering what type of damage to expect. Ph issues? Do I need to immediately change the soil when I get back? Right now, the plant is in a fabric pot with perlite, worm castings, and fox farm potting soil mix.
I am definitely further cat proofing when I get back.

Cat keeps peeing in plant
Greysbuds

Greysbuds

Lmao. Not laughing at you. Just 100% something I could see my cat doing if she found her way in. My wager is there is enough nitrifying bacteria in the soil that it will have no problem breaking down the ammonia. Probably want to up feline security to keep it from becoming a regular thing but should be fine if itā€™s just occasional.

SDJ99

SDJ99

Thanks guys!
My cat currently has a uti (means he pees everywhere because heā€™s in pain) and heā€™s getting treated on tuesday so hopefully the dirt peeing will stop. Also Iā€™m getting a gorilla grow shorty 4x4 delivered on Wednesday so he wonā€™t be able to get into the grow tent anymore.
Iā€™ll replant these babies when I get home and wash the pots. The one was already munched on by my other cat anyway (you can see missing tips). Sad they seem to pick the strongest plant I have to mess with.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Sorry to hear about your kitty's probs. 2 of my cats have had issues with stones and they squat anywhere and everywhere when they can't pee properly, so started feeding them urinary tract health food and it's been good since for the most part. This food ain't exactly cheap but cost isn't as much an issue when it's a family member/pet lol. Hope this helps.
Also, can you close off the grow so kitty doesn't get in there?
20210613 124442

SDJ99

SDJ99

Sorry to hear about your kitty's probs. 2 of my cats have had issues with stones and they squat anywhere and everywhere when they can't pee properly, so started feeding them urinary tract health food and it's been good since for the most part. This food ain't exactly cheap but cost isn't as much an issue when it's a family member/pet lol. Hope this helps.
Also, can you close off the grow so kitty doesn't get in there? View attachment 1135121
I currently have them on hills prescription dental food so I know about the ā€œnot cheapā€ but anything for my fur children. Iā€™ll buy this with my next order and mix the two together! I am gonna set up a grow tent where I currently have this greenhouse so no more kitties can mess with it. They also enjoy laying on top of the greenhouse which is an issue. I currently have FOUR little pot loving fur demons running around. I was using paint cans to hold down the edges but Poe is resourceful I guess

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Lol right on man yea u gotta watch em they can be sneaky! Ive caught a couple on top of the 6 and half foot tall tent lol

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well i have used white pepper round my outdoor plants stopped my cat digging n pissing in mine ..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I am not a big cat fan. I always thought they were dog nutes.
But I know the stress of a fur baby not feeling well. We have 2 dogs, one is 11 and the other is 12. They have more prescriptions than I do.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
Also, can you close off the grow so kitty doesn't get in there? View attachment 1135121
Hahaha. This cat looks like heā€™d piss everywhere. Whatā€™s with his left eye?šŸ˜‚
One of this Siamese special needs cats.

william76

william76

Maybe the cats a catnip farmer and thought ur plants needed a feed,a lot of the time u hear folk go away and come back to plants wrecked by the person looking after them.ur cats done a good job!.76

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Okay, so Iā€™m gone for the weekend and have had my security camera set on my plants. My cat has found his way into the grow room and keeps peeing in the damn plants. Iā€™m very grateful he isnā€™t eating them. Iā€™m gone for a couple more days and Iā€™m wondering what type of damage to expect. Ph issues? Do I need to immediately change the soil when I get back? Right now, the plant is in a fabric pot with perlite, worm castings, and fox farm potting soil mix.
I am definitely further cat proofing when I get back.
You're using litter boxes for plant pots?....I don't think it's the cat that is confused....Does it piss in your round flower pots? or just the litter boxes?šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

SDJ99

SDJ99

You're using litter boxes for plant pots?....I don't think it's the cat that is confused....Does it piss in your round flower pots? or just the litter boxes?šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Poe seems to prefer to pee in the fabric pots more than any of the others lmao

plantlover84

plantlover84

Hey! How frustrating! I would suggest going to your local thrift store and buying lots of metal forks. Put them in the soil tine side up, so kitty doesn't want to jump in the pots! Doesn't impact the plants at all. I used this method when teaching my kitten not to climb my plants. It also keeps other critters out of your pots. I'd also suggest flushing your soil to try and get all the urine out of the soil. Best of luck!

SDJ99

SDJ99

I built a catio then extended it outside. They now have access to the outdoors 24/7 and I no longer need to clean their litter boxes. I do have to clean up the outside litter area but I just rake it up.
Wow this is amazing!! Unfortunately Iā€™m a city dweller with no yard but man, I wish I could do something like this

Latest posts

Top Bottom