cat piss/shit help help

• Thread starter madmangrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

madmangrowguy

cat pissed in my soil my bro says that if you let it dry out its all good but i keep telling him u need to flush it or get rid of it can someone tell me what do do

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

It'll be okay. Happened to me once and I just continued regular watering and feeding. If your almost finished, by all means flush the piss taste out. Heard of a cat piss strain but I don't think that's what they mean.

R

Rolln J

dig out as much of the soil arounds the rootball as you can without disturbing the roott and replaces with some fresh soil... then flush it one time really well and go back to your regular schedule after it drys out - good luck!

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Pee kills. Actually, I'm not sure on that, lol. I would just flush it, to be safe, flushing isn't going to hurt anything, leaving it might.

F

forehead

RJ hit it IMO remove that soil before flushing and your good...ammonia kills and that is not what you want getting washed over the roots.

B

bicycle racer

just do a good flush 4*the water of container size or more no big deal. urine dillluted 10 to 1 can be a usable fert though cat piss is extra foul.

lars

lars

I've officially 'heard it all' now. That small amount of piss isn't going to have the slightest effect on your plant. Keep cats out of the grow kid.

T

TokaCola

lmao! this must be where the strain cat piss came from! i would flush it out as much as possible. u dont wanna smoke some real cat piss.

G

Grass Roots

it depends on the amount of urine...seen a pic of a plant where the girls husband pissed in her plant after they had a fight and it flat out killed the plant...took her a few days before he told her what he did and by that time it was to late...once she seen the affects of the urine she tried to flush but it was to late...

Peace
GR:character0025:

S

supasticky

it depends on the amount of urine...seen a pic of a plant where the girls husband pissed in her plant after they had a fight and it flat out killed the plant...took her a few days before he told her what he did and by that time it was to late...once she seen the affects of the urine she tried to flush but it was to late...

Peace
GR:character0025:

:rofl

That was funny. I'm too stoned.

-Supa

InsideGrower

InsideGrower

Yes! Cat pee most often contains high concentrations of ammonia. In general, one poop or a quick pee wont kill your plant, but prolonged exposure to the feces or primarily pee will essentially BURN the plant tissue. In my personal experience this year my cat has not just tried peeing on my plants he switched to spraying during that time period! And both cannabis plants he successfully urinated on, every part that had direct contact over tge next few days turned yellow, curled and dried out completely very fast. Luckily it was just mainly water leaves and foliage, but i did toss two parts of the flower😖 cat urine beware!

Shamashmagu

Shamashmagu

Why do you people let your animals in your grow? This is your chance to do it right, you might as well smoke that black market shit that was killing you before.

BigCube

BigCube

Cat piss is basically ammonia. One or two squirts here and there isnt going to hurt it, but if the cat uses it as a litterbox regularly, it wouldn't live long.

My only hard inflexible rule is keep the grow area as clean as you possibly can.
You are going to be ingesting this stuff.
Keep the cats out of the grow area, if you cant keep them out of the room, spend a few dollars on some chicken wire. Fence thatshit off so they can't get to it.

As for the turds, just pick them out 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why do you people let your animals in your grow? This is your chance to do it right, you might as well smoke that black market shit that was killing you before.
Black market shit? Or dispenries shit? I agree pets need to be kept out of a grow... Great way to bring bugs into your room. Ammonia in high amounts can easily burn plants but urine has long been used as ferts as disgusting as that may sound. I don't personally recommend it but I think it's pretty well known.... Urea.

H2OJ28

H2OJ28

cat pissed in my soil my bro says that if you let it dry out its all good but i keep telling him u need to flush it or get rid of it can someone tell me what do do
My mom had houseplants and a cat most my life. I've never seen a plant survive it. Maybe if it's just a little but from what I've seen it's toxic to plants big time.

R

Raggamuffin

It'll be okay. Happened to me once and I just continued regular watering and feeding. If your almost finished, by all means flush the piss taste out. Heard of a cat piss strain but I don't think that's what they mean.

thats called purple haze in europe

R

Raggamuffin

My mom had houseplants and a cat most my life. I've never seen a plant survive it. Maybe if it's just a little but from what I've seen it's toxic to plants big time.
transplant asap; Slide Bamboo stick nxt to stem richt down to bottom of pot. Tie plant and stick. Stick acts as support for handeling and repotting. Get rid of the soil. Prick into the rootbundel with a fork to loosen soil underneath lukewarm running water 22°C. Unravel carefully. Try not to damage roots. When all soil removed place in solution of water , root stimulator and teaspoon of baking soda. Take new soil/cocos. Moisten good part of new soil with water and root stimulator. Soggy enough so it is like a glue. This mud you put around your roots like a sock but ballshaped very carefully not as to damage main root. Then place ball roots in hole of new earth and cover

R

Raggamuffin

transplant asap; Slide Bamboo stick nxt to stem richt down to bottom of pot. Tie plant and stick. Stick acts as support for handeling and repotting. Get rid of the soil. Prick into the rootbundel with a fork to loosen soil underneath lukewarm running water 22°C. Unravel carefully. Try not to damage roots. When all soil removed place in solution of water , root stimulator and teaspoon of baking soda. Take new soil/cocos. Moisten good part of new soil with water and root stimulator. Soggy enough so it is like a glue. This mud you put around your roots like a sock but ballshaped very carefully not as to damage main root. Then place ball roots in hole of new earth and cover. Stabilise plant by making sure bamboo is also on bottom of pot. If in veg cycle you take advantage of fact you bury the roots higher then what they were. Plant now thinks its in bigger pot as roots look for nutrients restabilising the plant.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Piss is a good source of Ammonia, which converts to fertilizers, but it usually needs bacterial actions for this to happen. Ammonia is pretty alkaline and can cause problems in higher amounts. As gross as it sounds, a small amount of dog/cat poop or pee can help things if you are growing in soil, but you have the issue with E-Coli infections as well. If my cat peed once or twice, which happens in some other houseplants, I would water it well to dilute the urine to keep it from becoming damaging... poop is a different story. It is sometimes beneficial when it comes from herbivores, but carnivores like dogs and cats wouldn't be as desirable.
Of course, there is always the "Labradore" special grow that somehow incorporates cannabis with dogs... ask Chong!!

Top Bottom