Cat piss

• Thread starter GRAMTOWN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tipz

tipz

i went back on the notes as far as i could, and here is what it was in the beginning. Capricorn seeds based in Canada got SSH F1 from shanti, They immediately made F2's and listed those for sale on calrisians, CWorld site under the Capricorn Seed Company. This was even before anyone knew what the hell a og was lol. They sold quite a few of those genetics, but I'm also sure, not all carried that particular expression. Cat Piss pheno ensued.

if I had to date it, it was probably around 1998-2000.... So, the name carries on, in strains that have a similiar terp expression i suppose. That phenotype was lost long ago, and anyone claiming to have the original is just full of shit, because it just aint so. What you see now is a rename, but one thing you can mark down, its not original sadly that is gone.

tipz

tipz

the genes on that one..... wow this goes way back...... It was a Grapefruit pheno that was also created in Canada, The fellow who had her was named Mebeanboy, who also made a strain called Pukeberry. That grapefruit was crossed with the same SSH F2 line to make grapefruit haze... i sold grapefruit haze at Cworld....2 packs only... A fellow from the PNW won them at auction, and distributed them down the west coast. What I can tell you about that one, its one of the prettiest plants vegging i ever saw, however at least to me the potency took a step back from the SSH F2, nonetheless, the fellow made a whole lot of money out west on the F2's. Beautiful old time genetics, i still think GFhz is floating around out there somewhere, but just as with CatPiss not sure how close the genetics are to the ones that started it. Tipz

tipz

tipz

honestly, I dont care who names what....what...or who has what. I'm sure the plants they say that.......... is this or that are very good.
But make no mistake those are the original gene lines on those two plants. its a damn shame information was lost at CWorld, but whatch gonna do?
Track down Capricorn and u can get some very good information as well, if it interests you.

tipz

tipz

Kingfish
And just for the record, I did KingFish too

tipz

tipz

And if you notice, the background is the same for all three pics, which were made at about the same time,
but these were well before i started labeling all my strains! Kingfish, ssh which produced the cat piss pheno, and grapefruithz.
And if you really go back far enough...All of these were sold in small numbers at cWorld. I sold them under the name of McCoy.
the SSH was beautiful...But all that CatPiss conjecture is just that....because it was nothing other than how a SSH smelled on the exhale, that shit just hung in the air, it seemed like forever with a oily greasy pissy smell. didn't have a damn thing to do with how the plant itself smelled. in fact the plant was never named catpiss, it was simply the way people began to describe the odor. And the rest of it, is just made up shit! Folks would say, gimmie that one......ya know.....the one that smells like CatPiss. u can let the mystery be over..Tipz

K

Kildo

The real cat piss is a nl/haze cut. It originated in ohio. Both Athens and Lucas county this cut was quite common in the mid 90s. Take it 75 days. There was also a haze skunk from cannabis cup 5 that had a similar smell.

william76

william76

The cat piss smells in a few the older strains,haze,skunk,nl and some afghans too,older genetics for sure,like a cat pissed in a rusty toolbox,76

thadocta

thadocta

Breeder
The Norcal Piss has been around since the early 90s. The San Diego Supposedly the same. Both of those predate SSH even being made. I didn't name em anyways, they are all localized varieties. What CAT PISS is to you and your area, which accordingly for you was SSH phenos, doesn't mean anything in relation to what the San Diego or Norcal are. Its a predominant name from a time this was a segregated market. chill out.

william76

william76

The Norcal Piss has been around since the early 90s. The San Diego Supposedly the same. Both of those predate SSH even being made. I didn't name em anyways, they are all localized varieties. What CAT PISS is to you and your area, which accordingly for you was SSH phenos, doesn't mean anything in relation to what the San Diego or Norcal are. Its a predominant name from a time this was a segregated market. chill out.
I agree! Piss smells in weeds been around longer than ssh.76

SpiderK

SpiderK

I like how we have all this info in 2017 about cat piss in the early 90's ....... t.k. ect ...

But we had such a gap online before oregon kid started selling S1's ..... Vic High, Sly, Bog, Mota, OT1 ect ............. never ever talked online about these og's that blew everything out of the water in the 90's. - BC Growers Forum.BCGA ( 4yrs)

So guys and gals are buying og's from an under ground bunker in cali yet none of the online heads back then said a word. They talked about everything , traded ..... ect. Romulan, chemo, kush, haze... Hmmmmmm

Last edited:
T

The MIgoblin

Growing cat piss and sour jack here in michigan I known for a fact it is what it is I got it from a breeder who's been growing 20+ years and it looks amazing will upload photos when I get home

I

IamMoney213

Yes, I've seen it and know it very well. Its an old aloha ww.

Yes, ssh has some very catpiss smelling phenos but in no way is it the real deal old catpiss from back in the day.

The catpiss that i have is 100% indica, its my old high school weed. Been puffin on her sense the early 90's. Ive given the Docta a cut of her and i believe he gave rare dankness a cut. Im sure I've given Nspecta a cut as well. The Docta dubbed her Norcal catpiss and he has another that he calls Socal catpiss which is the san diego cut. Both Archive seeds and Raredankness have made seeds with her but i believe there F1's. I have worked this girl for many years, and have many seeds of what i like to call catpiss pure but its really catpiss IBL. Everyone of my seeds comes out catpiss smelling super funk.
If one were to choose i would go with Archive seeds rather then rare dankness for catpiss seeds. I believe his catpiss cross is much more superior then rare dankness.
I just popped 3 of the Catpiss seeds I got from you,Can't wait to smell the funk these Produce

I

IamMoney213

@SierraSkunk @shabud has these Catpiss seeds available Now at @707seedbank.com.i was fortunate to receive mine from him personally I drove to Mendo and met up with him. He also hook me up with some catpiss crosses at the emerald cup

dc2559

dc2559

Also you can see on these Double leaf serrations. This is indicative of some of the genetics originating in the Himalayans, and is generally considered indicative of potent weed.
This strain is called talk of kabul sorry for the misinformation that stemmed from my misunderstanding
1.69-skunk18-ibl.png

Is this the RKS? or close? Or is it altogether different.?

I just received some super special Ghost of Kabul Afghani x CatPiss cant wait to pop.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

These genetics are what the Original Sk1 came from, before the genetics were taken to Holland, and had the RKS BRED OUT with from what I understand was Sweettooth of some kind. The RKS phenos were thrown out.
Modern SK/Shit from MrNice... which is ok stuff, but IMHO is not the same today as it was in the 80s, after rebreeding.

Todays Mr Nice Shit which is Sk1, is more Indica Leaning, and is 50%/50%, when the original Sk is 2/3 Sativa. Columbian Gold x Acapulco Gold x Afghani.

Its well known the Hells Angels Uncle Fester bred this stuff in the 60s at the Hog Farm in Nor Cal. Leary, Ousley, Garcia, Abbie Hoffman, BOEL, and all kinds of people were frequent visitors of the Hog Farm. Wavy Gravy lived there.

Uncle Fester, and Not the Bomb/Meth Maker who writes books. Original UF is dead, and was born in the mid 30s.
He made this strain, and passed it on to his Nephew, Master Thai, who is now also retiring, and the Nor Cal community is mad at him gor things I don't know 100% about. But ripping people off and charging to much for genetics is 2 things. But hes old too.

The guy at. The Nature Farm Genetics also has the original genes, and did an open pollination, and released the seeds. Theyre gone now. Sold Out. I closely monitor the site, and if any come up, I jump on them if I can. I want all of these I can get. I also know I'm taking a chance, as Ive not grown them, and nothing is for sure ntil you/I grow them myself. Ive spent a fortune on seeds. $1500+ this year alone. This years how old ??

But hes also going to pheno hunt more, and try and concentrate the RKS so its more common, but seeds wont be available until next season.

He says RKS pheno is around 1 in 5, so its easily possible to grow out a pack, get 0 RKS phenos. There are also Cheese phenos, and others.

Known as

Uncle Festers 1969 Skunk18 IBL.

AKA Sk1. 2/3 Narrow Leaf.

1.69-skunk18-ibl.png

70w02ld

70w02ld

Aloha, just to let everyone know the cat piss is a cross of mama afghan and g13. It started in OB san diego by myself in the early 90's

I remember talking to some folks, my cousin lived in San Diego at the time, can't remember who it was - but the idea on how to make Cannabis smell like stuff was to grow it around whatever you wanted to make it smell like, so I heard this was made by Growing it around the Cats Litter box. And voila! There it is!

70w02ld

70w02ld

G13 was initially a Government grown batch, in the G Section! Like the F1's, F2's, and it was supposedly snuck out of the Government facility, but it wasnt stolen, it was allowed.

Heard it was their best stuff they had growing there.

Afghan Mamba? Never heard of it!

Royal Thai is cheap and is also Chocolate Thai! The infamous Sativa from Thailand!

Top Bottom