Caterpillars And Harvest

• Thread starter Fyre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fyre

Fyre

Hi, I'm having an issue with caterpillars in my 8th week of flowering sunset sherbet and girl time. The last few days of inspecting the plants I've been pulling off the little buggers and seeing spots where they laid waste to some of the buds.
My question is, no matter how much I stare at the buds I can't keep up with them. Hairs are turning brown and glands seen milky to me but not sure. Would you pick now or hang in there a little longer? It's killing me to see damaged buds.

Caterpillars and harvest
Caterpillars and harvest 2
Caterpillars and harvest 3
Fyre

Fyre

If this makes a difference, forecast shows rain for the next two days in NorCal.

Fyre

Fyre

Thanks for the reply. I'll be taking them down tonight and doing a bud wash. Never done that before but I'm kind of grossed out by everything I could see on the plants looking for the caterpillars.

Fyre

Fyre

Follow up report...
Cut down my sunset sherbet and ended up having to toss most of the colas, too much internal damage and poop. I'll be lucky to end up with an oz.
I'm letting the girl time go longer as it's for sure not ready and so far I haven't found any cats on it. Two more weeks or so and I'll have an update.
Next time I'm going with a greenhouse or at the minimum, netting, ugh!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Next time use B.T. at the start of flower. Also if you have any other plants with damage of course chop them before the rain

Rcubed

Rcubed

Caterpillars suck. I sprayed BT at the first hint of flower up until 2 weeks before chop and still got some damage. When they get inside those buds they don't eat the BT and they don't die. I lost about 20% of my Berry Bomb and GG outdoor crop to caterpillars. They didn't like the White Widow much so I didn't lose much of that. Here's a nug one trashed
20180930 080707

Madmax

Madmax

They are bastards..sometimes i get em sometimes i dont..white cabbage moth is the culprit here, id sit there for ages and see them in places..didnt get them last yr..whats this B.T Cali is it avail world wide..ive never actually used anything to prevent them from laying eggs on buds,leaf etc..can that b used before you see them..

Cheers max

Rcubed

Rcubed

They are bastards..sometimes i get em sometimes i dont..white cabbage moth is the culprit here, id sit there for ages and see them in places..didnt get them last yr..whats this B.T Cali is it avail world wide..ive never actually used anything to prevent them from laying eggs on buds,leaf etc..can that b used before you see them..

Cheers max
Bt is Bacillus Thuringiensis. Its a bacteria that attacks the gut of caterpillars after they ingest it. Its a safe organic solution

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks bro..i will ask the guys where i get my organic suppliements from if they have it in store ..a must have on the shelf..

Freshone

Freshone

You can pick them off first thing in the morning or at dusk easiest,i like to use a bamboo shish bebab skewer.
BT is also the ingredient in mosquito dunks which most garden stores have.

Madbud

Madbud

You can pick them off first thing in the morning or at dusk easiest,i like to use a bamboo shish bebab skewer.
BT is also the ingredient in mosquito dunks which most garden stores have.
I use a switchblade and throw them into spider webs, but thats me

Latest posts

Top Bottom