Caterpillars in my buds, please help!!!

• Thread starter N.commisso8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DTG

DTG

I am with Chinook3 in regards to putting a sand type treatment on my buds, however I am also against sprays of any kind during flower. Once you spray a pesticide I believe you no longer have an organic smoke. Not sure if that spray will affect taste or make it harsh but I don't want to find out.
The damn Pillars are a menace for sure & I'm sure the Pillar Poop is not the tastiest either. I have only had this problem once & the next time I grow I will be using the screen house for sure. Great idea, you should patent that.

Oh, & yes, start picking helps but does not eliminate.

BTW . . . Those damn moths fly at night & lay their eggs everywhere, on pots, leaves, fences, grass & buds.

Good Luck. I hope you save it . . .

DTG.

Chinook3

Chinook3

I am not sure what a sand type treatment is? BT is organic and green cure is used in food products. The products have a short life once they are sprayed as sunlight works against them. Their effectiveness only lasts a few days. Near harvest we always seem to have plenty of rain.

Chinook3

DTG

DTG

Hi Chinook3, I did not know that BT was organic, I just don't like spraying anything but water on my weed. Very true about the fall rains, here in southern Ontario any ways, and a sand type treatment is that DE Earth stuff (diatomaceous earth, I believe it's called} I don't like it. I was told by a friend to sprinkle it on my dogs for flea control & it just seemed to make them scratch more & made it look like they had chronic dandruff, never killed a single flea.

Good Growing to you my friend,

DTG.

Madbud

Madbud

The only good caterpillar...
C78B7C35 D244 4CAA 8C96 378B59B1ED2E
BTK
3EF28179 4592 4D50 941D 800264C329D2

Dadnardo

Dadnardo

I am with Chinook3 in regards to putting a sand type treatment on my buds, however I am also against sprays of any kind during flower. Once you spray a pesticide I believe you no longer have an organic smoke. Not sure if that spray will affect taste or make it harsh but I don't want to find out.
The damn Pillars are a menace for sure & I'm sure the Pillar Poop is not the tastiest either. I have only had this problem once & the next time I grow I will be using the screen house for sure. Great idea, you should patent that.

Oh, & yes, start picking helps but does not eliminate.

BTW . . . Those damn moths fly at night & lay their eggs everywhere, on pots, leaves, fences, grass & buds.

Good Luck. I hope you save it . . .

DTG.
Oh yes any moth, butterflies anything that is born a worm and flies can land on your plants outdoor screen them up it’s the only way to stay true ly cat free.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

I didn't read the post, but wasps are your friends. I make wasp houses in the winter and hang them in and around my garden, then make sure they have access to drinkable water. (like moss on a pond or rocks in the shallow). Nature will show you early on if its gonna be a bad year for flickers, loopers, and moths. The wasps will go around and hunt eggs. They will also sniff them out in your flower and if they cant get in and pull them out they'll sting them and they'll die inside the flower.
IMG 20201015 085245530
IMG 20201015 085200919
IMG 20201015 085514325

Top Bottom