Catnip

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

I want to share a fun picture of catnip in bloom that I took yesterday afternoon in our garden. I love how it captured every stage of the flowers life growing in a cluster the size of my fingertip. I get great joy growing this for our cats pleasure. Man they go crazy on this stuff!:)
Catnip

Orcaman

Orcaman

Glad you like the picture Seamaiden, Its been a while and always a pleasure to hear from you. Hope your summer it going well.:) Hello Full.Melt, Catnip is a very nice addition to the garden. The local bees love the pollen in these flowers too. I'm getting ready to cut the plant down for first harvest and will get one more at the end of the season. Once the plant is big enough they will establish them selves. This plant is three years old.

420circuit

420circuit

Nice 'nip! What variety is that? I had a patch growing in MI behind the garage, it took care of itself and the cat loved it. Always wanted to try establishing a plot of it, never knew exactly what to plant.

Orcaman

Orcaman

To answer your question 420circuit, This variety is an organic heirloom "aka" Nepeta cataria from Botanical Interests. This is about all I can tell you about it. Seamaiden is so right. I've been around many cats that have no interest in catnip at all. happy b, I wanted to say that I think they look like mini orchid's too.:)

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

both my kitties like the catnip but only 1 really likes to destroy my plants.i have to keep on eye on her when i'm in the garden.

K

kolah

I grow Catnip as well. Some cats go crazy over it and some don't. I use the leaves to make a hot tea. It is a pretty plant too.

Top Bottom