Cbd Oil Or Cbd High Strain For Muscle Spasticity

• Thread starter Amalthea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amalthea

Amalthea

Does anyone have any experience with the impact of a CBD rich strain on muscle spasticity, versus using a pure CBD oil. I'm trying to understand if having a small percentage of THC potentiates the CBD to help counteract muscle spasms, and also possibility anxiety.

I've currently seen CBD:THC strains that are 1:1 and 2:1 but have not yet had the opportunity to grow or try them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wish I could help answer your question. I've been sending my CBD balanced meds to a patient who has severe anxiety problems and usually has to take medication like Xanax to control it. She has no issues with muscle spasticity. However, she reports that the low THC levels do give her a very slight buzz, and the CBD really induces a terrific feeling of relaxation.

Neither of the strains I have is particularly high in either cannabinoid, single digits on both strains.

420circuit

420circuit

I am making and taking CBD oil from R14er, aka Charlotte's Web, for pain and spasticity, with good results. I extract with Everclear, blend with coconut oil, decarb and put into capsules. I find keeping the CBD caps separate works better. The oil from Indica dominant hybrids goes into caps too and my latest dosage is 100mg CBD in morning, 50mg THC oil afternoon and 100 of each before dinner and vape as needed in the evening. Gotta watch sativas, they get my mind racing so avoid at night if planning to sleep. Both Blue Dream and Harlequin do this to me, so experimenting with others. A friend reports that Good Medicine from Bodhi helps with his wife's MS.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Does anyone have any experience with the impact of a CBD rich strain on muscle spasticity, versus using a pure CBD oil. I'm trying to understand if having a small percentage of THC potentiates the CBD to help counteract muscle spasms, and also possibility anxiety.

I've currently seen CBD:THC strains that are 1:1 and 2:1 but have not yet had the opportunity to grow or try them.

Since everybody is different it may be good to try a new strain/oil each morning and use it all day so you can make a decision. some people never get anxiety, some people do. We're all different so it is good to try different kinds to see what suits you best. But when you are testing just use one per day so you can know for sure how you are feeling.

For me, strong edibles have a much better effect on overall body, it lasts longer, etc. I've never ever had anxiety/racing from smoking any pure thc strain but know many people who have. Maybe because my mind is always racing endlessly :] for me any strain will stop it from racing and it helps me focus much better.

Cbd modulates thc. So if the bud is 5%thc and 5% Cbd you may not feel high at all. no anxiety, just very relaxed like Seamaiden said.

In another thread you mentioned cancer. Are the spasms related to the cancer diagnosis? I never post on any cancer threads until @420circuit has spoken, he is cancer free thank God here to help guide others. Like he said on other thread, many Cbd oils being sold are not true medicinal Cbd oil! So be careful. 420Circuit makes the real deal "your cancer is gone" miracle oil Rick Simpson style. And he passes on knowledge to help others.

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

Thanks MrB, just trying to be a data point here, reporting what works for me, hope to hear it helps someone else. Edibles, like the caps I make, are quite good for pain and discomfort, but the buzz can be a problem, like if you are firmly toasted and need to drive somewhere. Takes hours for edibles to wear off while the effect from smoking passes pretty quick. My primary reason for edibles is to prevent regrowth of cancer tumor, but as a palliative treatment cannabis oil edibles are excellent if made well.

Amalthea

Amalthea

Since everybody is different it may be good to try a new strain/oil each morning and use it all day so you can make a decision.

Cbd modulates thc. So if the bud is 5%thc and 5% Cbd you may not feel high at all. no anxiety, just very relaxed like Seamaiden said.

In another thread you mentioned cancer. Are the spasms related to the cancer diagnosis?

Thanks for the replies. The cancer thread was for someone close to me that I'm caring for. I've now got hold of quality 2:1 CBD:THC oil for them and we're all surprised to say that within a week there's been a huge difference in energy, joyfulness & vitality. I chose the high CBD as they're elderly and not capable of tolerating any THC.

Regards the muscle issues, that's for me. I'm planning to grow out a high CBD strain, and wanted to get an idea beforehand of it's medicinal value for me. I've not had a chance to try the RSO oil, as the supply is limited so I've left it for the cancer patient.

Top Bottom