CBD/THC oil from auto elephant

• Thread starter MarkDm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkDm

MarkDm

Hi,
In reference to this article:
Is there a reason to cure or decarboxylate before immersing the cannabis to the oil in step 3?

Im thinking cooking it at 110 C for 40 minutes and lowering the temp to 50-70 C for the remaining 5 hours or so.

Goal would be to extract most of the CBD and THC from these flowers and then mix it up with oil for a daily wellness routine.

Incase anybody knows… how is the percentage calculated on commercial cbd products. Ie. 5% or 10%

Thanks,
Mark

Z

Zill

Hey Mark,

I had the same question - decarboxylate first 110C for 40” or so. But then you take the decarboxylated weed and incubate that with butter/oil at 110C for several hours. Why can’t the oil step both decarboxylate and extract the resins in one step?

Let’s hear what others think.

Zill.

T

tinytmp

Hi,
In reference to this article:

Is there a reason to cure or decarboxylate before immersing the cannabis to the oil in step 3?

Im thinking cooking it at 110 C for 40 minutes and lowering the temp to 50-70 C for the remaining 5 hours or so.

Goal would be to extract most of the CBD and THC from these flowers and then mix it up with oil for a daily wellness routine.

Incase anybody knows… how is the percentage calculated on commercial cbd products at Best Cannabis Brand. Ie. 5% or 10%

Thanks,
Mark
I'm considering this oil instead of chemo. I've heard so many positive things from this as treatment. I'm not a "weed smoker" but I've never had cancer either.?

E

Eathoset

I've been experimenting with homemade cannabis oil lately, and I can totally relate to your questions. From what I've learned, curing and decarboxylating your cannabis before making the oil can really enhance its potency and flavor. It's like unlocking the full potential of those magical cannabinoids! So yeah, I'd say it's definitely worth the extra steps.

E

Eathoset

I've been experimenting with homemade cannabis oil lately, and I can totally relate to your questions. From what I've learned, curing and decarboxylating your cannabis before making the oil can really enhance its potency and flavor. It's like unlocking the full potential of those magical cannabinoids! So yeah, I'd say it's definitely worth the extra steps.
If anyone's interested in exploring different cannabis strains for their DIY projects, I found this awesome list of seed banks: https://joyorganics.com/blogs/news/top-5-weed-seed-banks-for-every-growers-needs-in-2024. It's been super helpful for me in finding high-quality seeds. Your temperature and time plan sounds solid to me. Slow and low seems to be the way to go for optimal extraction without damaging those precious compounds.

M

MotaMan4560

If it hasn't been mentioned here , get a Magic Butter Machine -- you decarb your herb then in the machine with the oil and another goody and off you go.. Can even make FECO oil , but you would be advised to employ a distiller here to aid in alcohol recovery. The machine pulverizes the material as well as agitates - this takes it all out.

I use my coconut oil in making krispies and gummies. FECO and be ingested in small amounts - like I am right now... hahahha.

Happy Growing
MotaMan

M

MotaMan4560

Forgot one more thing -- you can load quarter lb and five cups of oil into the MBM and you do not have to babysit the thing.. Press temp and duration and start and it beeps when done. How much more simple can ya get?

Happy Growing
MotaMan

Top Bottom