cch2o UC-RDWC: 20x1000w

• Thread starter BCboys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCboys

BCboys

Hey guys. I just recently joined the community here and want to follow up my introduction post with some specs (and pictures as the room develops) of my new current culture setup. I have read through most of the UC threads on the site and have learned a ton from various farmers (Jack, UCMENOW, Ben Derdundat, desert squirrel) and look forward to having input from any and all farmers who have hands on experience with the CC UC system. Please be critical and constructive wherever it calls for it - it would be invaluable to me! Thanks

Grow Room Dimensions: 20'x30' ~14ft ceilings. I have attached a pdf from cc with the correct dimensions housing the rdwc I will be using, with the exception that one of the 32dbxl will actually be a 16xl instead. Also, in the second diagram the lighting will be turned horizontally to be vented left to right.

In the PDF you can see that the bottom section of the room is vacant. This is where the entryway is located and that space will be split into two parts. One part will be used for clones/mothers, and the other part will be the entry from outside and will act as a decontamination room of sorts where I can change clothes etc.

Lights & Ventilation:

-Will be running 1 light per 4 units for a total of (20) 1000w lights and 80 units.
-All lighting will be horizontal with 8" aircooled tube/hoods. These hoods will be connected together in rows of 5 on a closed circuit pulling air from outdoors on one side and venting it outdoors on the other side (2 windows). These rows of hoods will be connected together 2 at a time using a Y-joint at the exhaust window for a total of 4 intake airducts and 2 outtake airducts being powered by 2x8" vortex inlines.
-Lights will be running on (20) quantum electronic ballasts which will be outside of the grow room

Note: I should mention that I am located in BC and the outside temps are always between 20*f and 80*f

-This is a fully sealed room-

Cooling & co2:

-Next, I have a 2hp Chillking that will be exclusively chilling the three epicenters via 3x coolcoils and a 1/3hp Hydro Innovations high efficiency pump.
-The ambient air will be cooled by AC via a 5 tonXL excelair unit.
-Both the chiller and the AC condenser will remain outdoors.
-10 x 16" occilating wall mount fans.
-Propane 16 burner co2 generator.

Water & Filtration

I have not picked up my reservoir yet, but it will likely be a 250g unit.
I will be using a tallboy water filter with the chloramine upgrade to filter the town water being used.

Controllers & Monitors

2x digital min/max basic
1x bluelab combo meter
1x grozone c02 controller

One question I have is regarding wood in the sealed room. I haven't noticed anyone using wood in their rooms and I am wondering if there is a reason for this? I ask this because I was considering building 1x1 wood trellises for the room to stabilize the plants instead of using cages. If anyone could give some insight to this it would be greatly appreciated.

I think that sums up most of it but I may have left something out. If you have any questions or input i'm all ears. I would love to hear feedback from the experienced growers out there who might be able to point out any flaws in my planning or suggest variations. Thanks for checking it out!

View attachment 20 x 30 - (3)UCDB32XL.pdf
BCboys

BCboys

As I mentioned I'll post pics of the room as it goes along. My lease starts beginning of July but setup will start tomorrow morning! Most of the equipment is on hand already with the exception of a couple of pieces.

Thanks for tuning in Endough - i'm a fan of your grows!

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Just making sure this wasn't another pie in the sky dream thread that goes nowhere.

Really want to see a 20 light delight, tuned in for sure. You got mothers and strains selected for the maiden voyage?

BCboys

BCboys

Definitely not a pie in the sky! I'm crazy busy these days so the thread will be updated only when I have time over the next month or so. That said I definitely want to keep you all posted and In the loop so you'll definitely be hearing more from me.

Strains are cotton candy kush and candy cane kush.

If anyone can provide an answer to the above question about wood in the grow room I would be thankful!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I framed out cages with 2by2s, I had my UC like that for several runs. Then I got a bad gnat infestation late in a round. I tried everything non toxic to maintain till pull. One thing I did was fill my room with lady bugs.. I knew it wouldn't solve a thing but for a cheap price I figured maybe they would help some with the gnats, they did actually help but what I noticed was once everything was pulled I stripped my rooms, bombed and sprayed bleach and water on everything I could and I noticed that on my wood cages the lady bugs had made homes on little splits and joint where wood met wood.. That was that, I figured if baby lady bugs were coming out of those little hiding spots, potentially, so could others. So, I made a switch to PVC, I didn't get as good of results wrapping wire cages around my buckets so cages did work better for me.. PVC is an easy clean with a wipe down. I've never had an issue with any bugs in my UC before but I figure looking ahead and keeping things easily managed in case was important. That's my experience and two cents...

I'm looking forward to seeing this room build up, I'm in on this ride for sure... A4FD

BCboys

BCboys

Damn All4, I just checked out your uc grow and those are some wicked colas you flowered. I'm digging the PVC setup you have as well, looks pretty skookum. Was there anything in regards to the PVC trellis you would have changed? I notice you have ties running all over the place - were they purely supplemental, or neccesary? Thanks for the help!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Damn All4, I just checked out your uc grow and those are some wicked colas you flowered. I'm digging the PVC setup you have as well, looks pretty skookum. Was there anything in regards to the PVC trellis you would have changed? I notice you have ties running all over the place - were they purely supplemental, or neccesary? Thanks for the help!

Thanks for checking it out.. All those ties were my fault. I made my top screen too high for that grow so only a couple were actually being held through the nets. I lowered that top a good two feet and netted the top so the colas can be held up by the net.. I really didn't need the ties when all were said and done but I liked placing my colas where I wanted and they assured me they wouldn't fall over, since my top was too high.. I went a little overboard with the PVC as I wanted to make sure it was all stable enough. After the run I saw I really needed 3/4 of what I did.. My structure points hold everything just fine..

BCboys

BCboys

I really didn't need the ties when all were said and done but I liked placing my colas where I wanted and they assured me they wouldn't fall over, since my top was too high.. I went a little overboard with the PVC as I wanted to make sure it was all stable enough.

Ah ok well makes sense, better to be the safe side right! I'm diggin the PVC for sure and I think I will try and mimic something similar to what you did. Thanks for the ideas. Hopefully 2 weeks from now my setup will be complete and i'll post some pics and really get the thread bumpin. :D

BCboys

BCboys

I thought skookum was in everyones vocab? :D Hopefully have some pics up in the next couple days here. Only waiting on the chiller to arrive now; everything else has been transported to the shop!

BCrocker

BCrocker

I'm in BC and have a 2 HP Chillking for sale..and a UC setup. Let me know if your interested

BCboys

BCboys

ah bummer, already have the uc and the chillking is paid for and en route.

BCboys

BCboys

Well it's been a busy few weeks. Working ~55 hours a week + setting this room up everyday is pretty intense, but i finally have a few pics to post up. Keep in mind the room isn't completed, in fact theres still one full 32 dbxl to set up. However all of the ceiling work is pretty much done (lights/hoods hanging, wiring, ducting, polying etc..) as well as 95% of the electrical - just waiting on the chiller still which is due to arrive next tuesday. The mother room is not quite there yet, but it's close as well. None of these pics are actually up-to-date, however the last one is close to the current state of things. My iPhone was being stubborn and i took a dozen or more pics and it decided not to save them, so all I have is a couple for the time being. I'll get the full room pics up in the next week or two...perhaps after the third UC system is setup.

I've also attached a couple pictures of the strains I have vegging right now in a drip system. I had these clones dropped on me mid-setup and had to put something together quickly to keep them healthy, so that's what you're looking at. I used the netpots that came with one of the 32 UC systems to veg these out until the grow room is completed, at which time they will be transported straight into the UC. Theyre just sitting in a 4x4 tray with an 80 litre res and im using an al-15 airpump from the 16dbxl as well as the 1200gph pump to feed the drip (more like pour).

Anyways let me know what you think and ill try and post updates more frequently now that things are settling down a bit.

img 1: Ballast board partially completed (pre-wiring)
img 2: more ballast board
img 3: Early stages of grow room setup
img 4: Mother room with ballast board mounted but incomplete. clones (5 weeks?) taken from 1.5" trays and transplanted into drip system
img 5: Another shot of the little ones - same day
img 6: Clones at ~wk 6.5(1.5 weeks after going into drip tray)
img 7: Another shot of clones at wk 6.5
img 8: And yet another same day...with the ballast board in there and fully wired up. The lamp cords wont be hanging like that btw, at this point they're all just labelled but not plugged in yet.
img 9: Finally, one shot of the room about 80% completed. Tweaking still needs to be done to the ducting and hanging fixtures to even the footprint out nicely, but you can get the gist of it.

Go 002
Go 003
Go 004
Go 005
Go 006
Go 007
Go 008
Go 009
Go 010
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Nice work. I'm stoked to see you rock the fuck out of your new gear.

Top Bottom