CCUCDB32XXL13 Lighting Question

• Thread starter UCMENOW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Getting 4 of these.

What lighting would you use?

I'm leaning towards all 600's, over head horizontal in adjusta wings and verts hung about the space.

Input appreciated.

Ucdb32xxl13
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Thanks for chiming in A4F.

I was planning on an over head lamp per plant, you still thinking 1000's?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I am running 1 k overhead each site now with 1k's dropped down the middle and scattered on the outside. Running 1 k for verts is a little too hot when running even 55 inch centers imo. Next run I'm going to try 1k's down 70in rows and 600's surrounding the outside as well as my wing above each site. I'll hit my plants down the rows at 60in. centers. I can see the 1k overhead being worth its weight, I can't ever seeing taking that away. Now its about hitting them with the right intensity with the verts. You were the first one bringing 1k overhead to my attention a couple years ago in a private message. I believe it was asking if I thought I could count on 2lbs per plant site with 1k overhead. Now I'd say it is without a doubt in my mind possible with proper genetics and training. Adding those verts just add to the weight AND reduce the larf.. So, yea I'd definitely kick 1k overhead if the centers a spread worthy enough. I'm really happy to see something coming soon from you. I REALLY enjoy your work! Oh and check out what has came from those purple stem bitches on my thread... After they healed they blew up.. ;)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I run the Hotalux dual 1000w in cool tubes, I tried the 600w vertical but my plants fill in all the holes so no room for them. I find the cool tubes cut down on my cooling cost and being a closed system I use it to heat the house in the winter. I also use bungee cords to control the light spread with the wings.

Top Bottom