CDC Demands 132 Passengers That Flew With 2nd Ebola Patient Report For Testing

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zombie III

zombie III

Sad but true.... Easy to understand the broken state of human perception with a clear view of history....Duck and cover.... From a nuclear bomb? I hope the recommended methods for preventing Ebola are not as asinine.

according to south park duck and cover was 4 lava flows lol. probably about as accurate as advice from the gov anyway :P

XTC

XTC

Just saying, I know for sure I will never get E bolla, and would not undergo anything like chemo, so called health care these days is treat after the fact no prevention.
Not worried may have 25 more years or not. I will Just live for today and make each day special. Not worried too much about dying, we all have to go sometime.
Been a great life so far, lots of ups and downs. The best is yet to come, so why worry??

I like the way you think and agree. Just saying that the idea of vaccination isn't just to protect yourself but to protect those you love too. I could handle my own death, but I would feel terrible if I caused the deaths of those I love.

XTC

XTC

Sad but true.... Easy to understand the broken state of human perception with a clear view of history....Duck and cover.... From a nuclear bomb? I hope the recommended methods for preventing Ebola are not as asinine.

Yes, it's understandable why people come up with the conspiracy theories that they do. But I think the government is simply quick to exploit opportunities when they arise, rather than orchestrating them from the beginning with an ulterior motive of control.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I like the way you think and agree. Just saying that the idea of vaccination isn't just to protect yourself but to protect those you love too. I could handle my own death, but I would feel terrible if I caused the deaths of those I love.
If my wife had anything like that I would take care of her and be by her side until the bitter end the rest of family can croke. she would do the same for me. even if we both die...
We definitely will not be getting vaccinated if it comes to that, conspiracy or not, just will refuse..
Will be interesting if they try to mandate....

XTC

XTC

Everyone is entitled to their own decisions.

I'm doubt it'll ever escalate to that level here. Our control measures are many orders of magnitude better than those in West Africa.

Reaper

Reaper

Another Ebola case in new York City... Doctor that was in Africa (flew back from infected area w/o quarantine, wasn't caught by TSA checking his Temperature to protect U.S. citizens ;)) walking around the city for A week, is confirmed with Ebola today...

On A positive note, An axe wielding work place violence subject o_O (in other words "Terrorist" with A bunch of Jihad rhetoric he wrote on his Facebook page) was shot dead after putting 2 police officers in the hospital also in NYC. Andrew Cuomo gonna have his hands full telling people "No Worries of Ebola or Terrorists Here" :rolleyes:

The system to protect U.S. citizens from an epidemic is "Flawed" to put it mildly...
:confused:

SpiderK

SpiderK

He was sick for three days before going into the doctor.

..... "Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley and then took a taxi home." ........

K

kolah

The testing of ebola vaccines on humans is underway. Get in line.

None for me, man..I'll pass. Someone can have my dose. I am sure a double dose will be double the protection. <eye roll>

Whether there is any truth to it or if it's fabricated bullshit, the Big Club never lets a good crisis go to waste. Welcome to the New World Order. Kiss your freedoms goodbye and lick the boots of your masters. Watch how obedient the sheep will become just to get food and water. And above all....SAFETY.

FEMA camp anyone? Plenty of rooms available.

And by the way? WELCOME TO THE RESERVATION.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

Mali's health minister says the West African country has confirmed its first case of Ebola.The announcement made on Malian state television Thursday evening. Mali becomes the sixth West African country to report an Ebola case.

Reaper

Reaper

A Dr. that don't know protocol for infectious disease? :rolleyes: If A Dr. can be that naive why do the powers that be insist that TSA taking peoples temperature w/ an I.R. heat gun is "Enough" protection... like they (TSA) are now "Part Time Dr's" or what?

Don't forget the cameraman that was just released... Had no Idea how he got infected because according to him, he was never in close contact with anybody let alone bodily fluids...

NYC is going to be singing A different song now that it's in their own back yard... Andrew Cuomo is literally Crappin' his pants right about now :D

Last edited:
T

toquer

So the guy in New York last night took the subway, Uber, and went to two bowling alleys? Two? For real? Like who goes to two bowling alleys in one night?

Reaper

Reaper

^^^^ A Dr. that was hangin' with people infected with A deadly disease and just flew back home... That's how easy this thing can go so ridiculously wrong & the day that somebody shows up with Ebola and nobody can explain where it came from... Shit be Hittin" the Fan...

Last edited:
Reaper

Reaper

I heard A Decorated Navy Seal, three tours of duty in Middle East, lay out A terrorist threat that was A real "Eye Opener"...

Free travel in & out of Africa is the perfect opportunity for A couple of ISIS terrorists with Passports & Visa's (this is already A confirmed fact that many do indeed have these documents) to travel to Africa with the sole purpose of becoming infected...

Fly into U.S. before showing symptoms... Hang low for 3 weeks until full blown symptoms arise, then blow their selves up with an I.E.D. similar to the ones used by the "Boston Bomber" in A public place... Spreading "Bodily Fluids" and "Infected Tissue" over potentially 1000's or more... depending on location. They would all be infected "Instantly"

Collect 70 Virgins... You know that's what they have done (blow their selves up) & what they do... Why do people only look @ this under the "Best" possible circumstances???

Last edited:
lino

lino

NY and NJ impose forced Ebola quarantines. Dr Spencer made it thru airport screening but yet he is positive.
1`) I told you guys we would come up with a vaccine soon for the current Ebola strain, its here.
2.) I explained of forced quarantine, its here.
3.) We have had Ebola in 2 different mutation within months.
So nothing has changed with Ebola since the 80's. It is increasing its speed of mutation and I the new Ebola strain will change, it was not a lucky guess it simple math equation 4000 hosts, infected, and now some of the host have greater variance in DNA, I'm being careful how I word that SeaMaiden, I woulndt want to sound racist, so here is what is going to happen with the mutations;
4000 x several trillion combinations = a few mutations

That was a very strategic move by Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. People from Ebola infected area's will not fly in NY and NJ now so the Dr's and nurses of NY and NJ can breath a sigh of relief. Protecting the E coast baby, ya see whats happening yet.? Reverse Quarantine, step 1 in place.

Ebola thus far. It's contagion pathogens attributes are weak but it will be several trillion times smarter tomorrow. Kinda like Staph infections , our hospitals keep getting out smarted by that little booger also.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/25/new-york-new-jersey-order-ebola-quarantines/

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Fear fear fear..
No vaccination for me...

lino

lino

Fear, fear, for me,,,, ya, i have to admit.; it would take lots of money to get me to put on a space suite and go fight Ebola, I think I'd still stay home. I'm passing the vaccine at this point also.

Fear for Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo: not sure:: I thinks its a very smart political move and exhibits a perfect example of how to keep your state Ebola negative... I hope that Dr Spencer is not infected with one of the more contagious strains or worse yet, some completely mutated species. And NY, what DNA diversity of hosts for the Ebola bug to feast on and learn new mutation tricks. The math tells me ; it is not if it going to mutate , the question is WHEN? but i'm sitting here now not scared at all.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Inside the Fascinating and Terrifying Science of Ebola

By now, educated people in America know more about Ebola than they ever thought they would. While fearmongers have tried to terrorize the whole country into thinking it is on the verge of catching Ebola, cooler heads have largely prevailed. Bottom line, while Ebola is a devastating epidemic in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, most Americans are at virtually zero risk of getting it. The exception is truly heroic healthcare workers, like the two Dallas nurses who cared for Thomas Eric Duncan as he lay dying of the disease in Dallas, both of whom are now clear of the virus. And now there is Craig Spencer in New York, a physician with Doctors Without Borders who was infected while treating Ebola patients in Guinea.

In the October 27 issue of the New Yorker, Richard Preston delves deeply into the fascinating science behind the virus, and how genomics research may help to contain the outbreak. Preston asks Ebola researchers all the questions everyone wants to know; most notably, could the Ebola virus mutate and become airborne, and how far away is a vaccine or a cure?

Here are five fascinating tidbits from that investigation into the frontlines of Ebola research.

1. How infectious is Ebola?

In a fatal case, a droplet of blood the size of the “o” in this text could easily contain a hundred million particles of Ebola virus. Experiments suggest that if one particle of Ebola enters a person’s bloodstream it can cause a fatal infection.

Richard Preston explains that this could account for why many healthcare workers who contract Ebola cannot remember having made any specific mistake in protocol that would have exposed them. It also explains why the disease is so dangerous for healthcare workers and why even highly trained ones are at a high risk for getting the disease when they care for patients.

2. Is Ebola mutating?

Mutations, Preston explains, are errors in the genetic code that occur as a virus multiplies. As you read this and go about your business, the Ebola virus’ code is changing. Like any living thing, Ebola wants to survive.

So, yes, Ebola is mutating. The question is how.

“Ebola is not a thing but a swarm,” Preston writes. “It is a vast population of particles, different from one another, each particle competing with the others for a chance to get inside a cell and copy itself. The swarm’s genetic code shifts in response to the changing environment.”

3. Could Ebola become airborne?

As Preston explains, there are two ways for a virus to travel through air. One is inside a droplet (of sweat or mucus, or other bodily fluid).

Ebola is already traveling, and possibly infecting, people this way. The good news is that, because of gravity, it cannot travel very far in a droplet.

“The droplets travel only a few feet and soon fall to the ground,” Preston writes. “A rule of thumb among Ebola experts is that, if you are not wearing biohazard gear, you should stand at least six feet away from an Ebola patient, as a precaution against flying droplets.”

To really go airborne in the way that is far more worrisome, the Ebola virus would still be carried by the droplet of infected body fluid, but would have to remain alive once the droplet had dried out. It would then float through the air like dust, and in this drier state, be able to float longer distances, and be inhaled.

“Particles of measles virus can do this, and have been observed to travel half the length of an enclosed football stadium,” Preston writes, but thankfully, there’s no evidence that Ebola can.

So then the question is, could the virus mutate to a form where it could travel through the air dry—in other words, become airborne?

Scientists are fairly reassuring about this question. Preston spoke to Eric Lander, the head of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, where the Ebola genome is being sequenced and tracked. “That’s like asking the question, ‘Can zebras become airborne,’" Lander told Preston. “That would be like saying that a virus that has evolved to have a certain lifestyle, spreading through direct contact, can evolve all of a sudden to have a totally different lifestyle, spreading in dried form through the air. A better question would be, ‘Can zebras learn to run faster?’ ”

What he means is, could Ebola evolve to be more contagious in ways that would not be as much of a change? One way it could, Lander told Preston, is by becoming less deadly in humans, killing a smaller percentage of them, but making them sick for longer.

“That might be good for Ebola, since the host would live longer and could start even more chains of infection,” Preston writes.

So, that’s a scary proposition.

4. Is ZMapp a cure for Ebola?

The New Yorker piece delves into the fascinating survival story of Kent Brantly, the American doctor who contracted Ebola and nearly died of it, before being brought back to Emory Hospital in Atlanta and being cured. Brantly was at death’s door when he was treated by an experimental serum called ZMapp. Before that, ZMapp had only been used on monkeys, but had shown promising results, bringing them back from being very close to death with three doses.

Brantly attributes his survival to the drug, but complete success cannot be claimed for it. A Spanish priest sick with Ebola was also treated with ZMapp and still died.

Another problem with ZMapp, which was developed in Canada, is that the world’s supply of it is now depleted.

According to Preston:

"More of the drug is growing in tobacco plants in a building in Kentucky. The plants have enough of the drug in them to make twenty to eighty treatment courses of ZMapp in the next two months, as long as there are no glitches in the process. The U.S. government and Mapp Biopharmaceutical are scrambling to get more plants growing, to increase production, but the scale-up will not be easy. The drug remains untested, and nobody can say whether it will ever become a weapon in the Ebola wars."

5. How far are we from developing a vaccine?

The New York Times reported the infuriating story Thursday that a vaccine was ready to be tested in humans 10 years ago. Had it gone forward, there could have been an Ebola vaccine in 2010 or 2011. But it went nowhere, because no one thought there was any money in it. Ebola outbreaks had been fairly limited, and only in poor countries.

With the fresh crisis, the research is amping up again. Preston estimates that a vaccine might be available as early as next year “for use on people who have already been exposed to Ebola, though it will still not be cleared for general use.”

There are many ifs, but let's hope.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just watched this this morning. I don't normally watch the news, and if I do, it's Al Jazeera or something like that. This is a funny comparison of Ebola news reporting over in the UK vs the US.

Top Bottom