• Thread starter CoughingMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CoughingMan

Anyone have any experience with this?
31f2JcJx5gL._SS500_.jpg

Here is the info:
Great product for teens as well as adults for education, discovery, work and fun.

This innovative microscope design allows you to view specimens or objects on a computer screen and allows you to take snapshot images or short videos. A rugged, metal stand is included for holding the microscope steady at various positions for viewing and/or imaging.

The microscope is ideally suited for examining objects such as coins, stamps, rocks, relics, insects, plants, gems, circuit boards, various materials, skin, and many other objects. Also, you can examine specimen slides at low and high powers.

System Requirements:

* Windows XP 32 & 64 bit, Windows Vista 32 & 64 bit
o Users of Windows 7 32 & 64 bit, existing owners may have to download a new version of the software.
* MAC Version 10.4.9 and higher – must use a MAC compatible image capture program

Handheld Digital Microscope - General Features

* 10x to 40x and 150x Digital Power
* 1.3mp digital camera for snapshots and video
* LED illuminator
* Photo management software
* Powered by USB 2.0 cable
* Metal stand to hold the microscope steady
* Size - 4.25" (108 mm) x 1.25" (32 mm)
* Weight - 4oz (113g)
* Compatible with PC and MAC (click details tab for more info)

On the Celestron website it sells for $70 but you can get it from amazon for $55+ free shipping.

Anyway. if anyone has any experience with this product please post here.

convex

convex

Not with that product but with Celestron telescopes - great optics for the entry level price - I am sure you won't be disappointed.

G

Gromer

Skunk mag just did a product review on these.Totally a must have from what Ive heard.150x????Gonna be taking some killer macro shots with that thing.Anyone actually used one?????

P

PureSugar

I have the previous model. It only has 20x and 400x. It has a very limited depth of field and it's difficult to focus because the focus "wheel" is hard to move in small increments. But for $55 it's a good tool.

Edit: I'll try and post some picts I've taken with it later tonight... don't have them at the office ;)

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
What about this one?

View attachment 61000

Product Description
The latest USB Microscope from Veho. Now with more powerful 400X mag, 2 Mega Pixel Cmos lens (interpolated) and alloy flexi-stand. Due in May 09

Main Features

* - 400x Magnification
* - 2 MP Cmos (interpolated)
* - Alloy flexi-stand

Specifications

Magnification

* 20-400x

Video Capture

* Upto 1280x960

Still Capture

* Upto 1600x1200 (2 Mega Pixel Cmos interpolated)

Video file formats

* AVI

Flicker control

* 50Mhz/60hz

Power

* USB Powered

Operating System

* Win 98/2000, XP & Vista 32/64 bit, Mac O/S 10.5 and up (Not Snow Leopard)

Is that the previews model?

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yes..I heard of these a year or so ago..purchased one at Wall mart..but fount it had to be pluged into pc in order to work..So i took mine back..they took great macros but had to take a clipping and take to table to take photos..Good luck...take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

K

kushpheen

$55 seems like a steal for that device, nice pics and post

C

CoughingMan

Thanks for the feedback people. I think I'm gonna have to pick this baby up. It just seems like its worth the money to me.

Thanks for the nice pics PureSugar. =)

P

PureSugar

$55 seems like a steal for that device, nice pics and post
Ya I think I paid double that and still thought it was a reasonable price.

Thanks for the feedback people. I think I'm gonna have to pick this baby up. It just seems like its worth the money to me.

Thanks for the nice pics PureSugar. =)
If you do decide to get it, will you let us know how it works. It seems like the new one has better optics and hopefully a better focus wheel.

T

Tonic

My pics of the purple seeds was taken with the black one posted above.

There realy good for pest ID, judging maturity ect. pic quality is not up to photo standards tho. still good.

T.:icon_cookie:

Top Bottom