Ceramic filters for vaping oil

• Thread starter Backward_Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Backward_Z

I need help identifying a product because the current vendor of said product sucks.

So.

A while back a friend of mine purchased what she called a "ceramic filter" for vaping extracts and oil products. I used it for months with alcohol extracts and loved it but just as I made my first batch of BHO the filter's glass housing broke during cleaning and I wasn't able to try it with the BHO to great disappointment. In this past week I was able to go to the shop in the Mission in SF that my friend got it from and purchased a replacement at great duress and I know I got pretty severely ripped off.

Anyway, I got it home and used it and there is no doubt in my mind that it is highly superior to the ti curve (no offense, HMK).

The problem is, less than four days after I bought the effing thing, it broke again.

I'd take a picture of it but all I have is a crappy cell phone camera which wouldn't do justice.

Firstly, I'm not 100% sure it's ceramic. I was hoping to speak to the store's proprietor and find out what material it is and where he gets 'em from but he wasn't there when I went to the shop and the guy who was there didn't even know what the product was when I showed it to him. The element itself looks a lot like this: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00MCvEcwGtCIob/Porous-Ceramic-Ball-and-Cylinders.jpg but not 100%, what I have has smaller... pores I think. It almost looks like a bunch tiny glass balls that have been fused together.

So that makes a disc that's about as wide a nickel and about as thick as two quarters. This is pinched into a small tapered glass slide which slides into a larger tube-slide piece which then slides into your bong/whatever.

The problem is that the pinched glass at the filter itself is structurally weak. When I heat it with my torch, it cracks. Then, when I tried to remove the filter from the slide, the pinched glass part/filter just came right off. After only having it three or four days and spending $50 on it, I was pissed!

So I'm putting out a call to you guys! Does anybody know what exactly this thing is, who makes it (it says patent pending on the side) or anywhere else to buy one? This particular head shop is really pissing me off (he didn't want to sell me the filter without the pipe it was attached to--another pipe for $50 that I'll never use) and I was hoping somebody here could direct me to another means. If I could, I'd buy a fucking dozen of these filters just to have extras on hand. At the moment, I'm using the broken one and it's still working, but I shouldn't need to, y'know?

B

Backward_Z

If anyone is interested, over on Tokecity the filter in question was identified as fritted glass.

Thanks for the help.

D

dr.oil

please tell me more. i am very interested. any way you can come up with a better camera? is the disk sealed in? is it similar to the health stone?

M

Mr.Mow

please tell me more. i am very interested. any way you can come up with a better camera? is the disk sealed in? is it similar to the health stone?

I have heard good things about Health Stones

N

NorCalD9

I use my Health Stone EVERYDAY!!!..... its AWESOME

D9

twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Thanks hatter I have wondered about that, fitting elsewhere. You can find the fritted glass filters at some lab glass/scientific stores. I believe they are used to fit into a buachner(sp) filter funnel. They come in alot of materials so check them out. glass, propylene, other plastics.
Some funnels have the pinched bottom as stated above, they come in non pinched also. I think that purpose is so they dont stick as baddly when trying to get them out from other joints.

P

Philip Kent

I stock ceramic filters in New Jersey. Call me if you have any questions. 732-257-5002

Latest posts

Top Bottom