Ceramic MH 830 watt

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimb0b

there's a dude called Fonzarelli on another forum that starts with i, doing some interesting work and running spectrometer readings with serious equipment. here is his actual readout (not marketing art) for the 860:

View attachment 309928
looking at the spectral distribution on that chart and a different one for the 400, I notice that this higher wattage 860w bulb has less uv, from 400-420 or however high it goes, it spikes at 435, but looking at this chart for the phillips 400w Retro-White https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72215 the uv is rich at 400, and thats as low as the chart goes. I am using this in addition to 2 1000w HPS which are in cool tubes, so I am thinking of running either 2 400's which might be easier to cool, or one of the 860's. Does the 860 only come in a vertical type? Does running it in a cooled enclosed hood block the uv or any other important light? I am trying to widen my spectrum to make it more like sunlight, and add some useful UVB rays to the mix. I have plenty of yellow/red in my spectrum already. Given this, I want your opinions, should I go with 2 400's, or one of these 860's? cooling is important if its going to be open hood. I doubt I could run this big bulb without more special cooling than I already have. Also, is the 860 considered Retro-White, or is that the difference in the spectrum?
Thank you.

Top Bottom