Ceramic Micro-pore Diffusers... Anyone using them?

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Hello fellow farmers...
I'm looking 2 upgrade my air pump and airstones that came with my UC. While the UC is great right out the box, i feel some of the components could use improvements.
For example, the 1/4in hose used 2 feed oxygen 2 the airstones thru the lid on top of bucket seems inconvenient and the air stones r already falling apart b4 my first run is over.
I would like some feedback from all u hydro growers using ceramic micro-pore diffusers and their experiences. Any links 2 good supplier of these diffusers would also be appreciated. -Keepz

Boylobster

Boylobster

I've used 'em, and they rock. Their air diffusion is far superior to typical aquarium air stones, and they will never, ever, ever degrade. They're also very expensive.

There's an alternative solution that I've been quite pleased with, that offers the performance and durability of ceramic diffusers at a much lower price point. While still not cheap when compared to stock aquarium stones, I think the investment is absolutely worth it if you plan on running aerated hydro in the future.

Just Google "Alita disc diffuser" and you'll be on your way. That's my recommendation - three thumbs up! :yes :yes :yes

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I've used 'em, and they rock. Their air diffusion is far superior to typical aquarium air stones, and they will never, ever, ever degrade. They're also very expensive.

There's an alternative solution that I've been quite pleased with, that offers the performance and durability of ceramic diffusers at a much lower price point. While still not cheap when compared to stock aquarium stones, I think the investment is absolutely worth it if you plan on running aerated hydro in the future.

Just Google "Alita disc diffuser" and you'll be on your way. That's my recommendation - three thumbs up! :yes :yes :yes

Thanx 4 the quick reply. I dont mind spending the extra cash on ceramic diffusers if they're goin 2 last. I was wanting 2 know if they make disc shaped ceramic diffusers the size of the one in the control bucket 4 the UC. And a link if u have one. I'll check the alita in d mean time. Thanx again bro. Just tryin 2 make lil improvements on this already monster of a system. :party0033: -Keepz

Boylobster

Boylobster

Hm... the giant disc diffuser in the control module of the UC is rubber, so it should have quite a long lifespan. I've never heard of ceramic diffusers anywhere close to that size either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. As for the Alita diffusers, they should last pretty much forever as well. Best of luck training your monster! :)

Top Bottom