U

ukcheesehead

[YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IUl1iVE3qXU[/YOUTUBE]

H

hazyfontazy

screwing them in by the glass dont help ,,always screw in by the ballast:mmm

G

GDS StonerBoy

wow thats really messed up! I've broken one in my bedroom before and just sweeped it up and threw it in the trash. My son got a piece of it stuck in his foot after he broke it. That was a couple of months ago though so i wonder what the long term effects are because neither of seem to be sick atm.

E

El Barto

The packaging in the US clearly states (albeit in very small print) that cfls contain mercury and should be disposed of appropriately. I could not find any similar disclaimer on the packaging in the UK.

I wonder, do they use different technology in the UK or do they have less stringent labeling requirements?

H

Hazeseeker

I never knew there was Mercury in these cfl's, is there mercury in those older incadascent (sp?) bulbs you use around the home?, i remember being in this girls house i know (couple of year ago) she was through the other room standing on a chair while changing a bulb, heard this BANG so we went through as we thought she must of fell of the chair but she never fell, she was standing there with black marks over her face - the bulb blew up in her face, she forgot to check to make sure the light switch was turned on before putting in the new bulb

peace
Hazeseeker

G

goo roo

I think there is mercury in any type of floro bulb, even the tubes. But I could be wrong.

I know there have been disposal requirements for Floro tubes for a long time.

S

SenorMota

in the States Home Depot will dispose (safely) your old CFL's for free. They won't take broken ones for obvious reasons, but at least you can help keep the mercury out of the landfills.

M

MADISM

Ive broken them before and just vacuumed it up. Can't be much worse then playing with the old thermometers when i was a kid.
For some reason i thought the mercury was in the ballast.

K

kansasgrown

Incandescent bulbs do not have mercury but all CFL's have Mercury. GE and Sylvania will stop production of incandescent bulbs by 2010 and will be working on LED and OLED lights instead as well as CFL's. I find it funny that the USA is going to be requiring us all to use the CFL's and not incandescent bulbs in the very near future just because of politics and public relations.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
thats been known that all bulbs are dangerous we broke 1 and when we ran out of the room what do u thinks in that cloud it emits after u break it. i thought most people new that but atleast someone posted it for those who didnt thanx

S

SkyHi

OMG mercury your all going to grow 8 legs and die, lol. just dont go breaking every bulb you own in your house and im sure your fine

D

dynamitejack

I broke a bulb once and nobody died.
I got high once and nobody died.

Latest posts

Top Bottom