Cfl, Coco Coir Enquiry

• Thread starter Nizzlwizzl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nizzlwizzl

Hey all,
First thread and also on my first grow.
I have a tent that is 1 metre(3.3') by 0.5 metre(1.66'), I run 2 cfl bulbso (250 watts each). I run cfl as I don't want a spike in electricity to happen and easier to control temperatures without adding more equipment. People usually when running cfl's they have loads of 26watt bulbs going but I as already stated have the largest bulbs I could find.
Do these cfl bulbs have better pentatration than the smaller ones or are they the same as the 10 × 26 watt bulbs (probably a stupid question!)?
& if the bulb has weakerror or stronger pentatration, how tall should the canopy of the plant be?
All answers of course are appreciated and I give my thanks in advance.
Also a picture uploaded of end of week 6 flowering. Obviouslying plenty of room to improve but like everything it's a learning curve!

Cfl coco coir enquiry
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

CFLs generally don't penetrate very far at all. Regardless of wattage. Im actually looking into building a 10 bulb cfl fixture. the reason im doing it that way is you get the same amount of lumens for less cost upfront.

I would scrog and lollipop to get the widest most even canopy possible for the light being used.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Your garden looks great...
A 250 watt cfl penetrates further than 26 watts, if both were at same distance from top of canopy.
Of course with the 250 you are farther away and the 26 watt closer and spread out.
2 bulbs verses 20... gimme the 2 any day. less to deal with, there might be a difference in yield, but not enough to want to hang 20 bulbs.
20 bulbs your maxed, unless you increase the wattage.
2 bulbs...easy to add another, or a 300 watt led between those 2 cfls...Bam! The led wont add much heat, but gives those cfl spectrum a led spectrum addition.
I have a mars hydro 300 with an 80 watt cfl in a 3x3... And the girls and I are luvin it.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I think the grows with all those small bulbs are mainly just cobbled together.
Sometimes ya gotta ride your bike for your paper route so you can afford a mustang... or even a corsica... More power to those who don't let budget prevent them from doing their thing.

If it weren't for the lucky break we had Id still be rummaging the drawers and cabinets for unused CFLS. But I still enjoyed the Grow no matter what I had to use

Bannacis

Bannacis

I got ya, i know the struggle, ya can only do what you can with what you got.
Cfls can have decent results... being in the garden is always a stress relief.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

ya can only do what you can with what you got.
LMAO I thought I was the only one that said that! and remember, if your gonna do whatchya do with whatchya got, you should do whatchya do where you do it with whatchya got, when you do it, that is.

Top Bottom