CFL Confidential OG, Sour Og, Bubba Kush

• Thread starter 4moblunts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

4moblunts

Hey guys this is my first grow and im very excited! Its just for personal use and hoping to just get some good bud to burn. This is going to be a CFL grow, right now I have them in a 2' wide 4' high and 4' length self made wood box on wheels. I have four 125w CFLs for my three potted clones. I have a Confidential OG, Sour OG, and a Bubba Kush clone and soon a Ogre OG. I will be adding a T5 light in a few days. I also have a small fan for vent.

I have them in ff ocean forest soil and they are thriving. I will also be using the ff nute line. Its been 11 days since I have transplanted them into the ff soil besides the Sour OG that one was transplanted yesterday. Please comment and any advice will help. I will def be posting new updates weekly.

Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 2
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 3
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 4
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 5
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 6
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 7
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 8
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 9
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 10
Cfl confidential og sour og bubba kush 11
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like fun. Hope everything works out for ya!

4moblunts

I added a two foot long T5 light yesterday and loving it. Im def adding one more T5 cuz the Ogre OG was transplanted yesterday. They are all looking good so ill spark a bowl n smoke to that :pimp:

pinky

pinky

Hi,this lamps looks too small to be 125w,I think.Maybe this is compared to incandescent lamp power?Consumed power is count.
Sorry about shitty language.

4moblunts

Hi,this lamps looks too small to be 125w,I think.Maybe this is compared to incandescent lamp power?Consumed power is count.
Sorry about shitty language.

The cfls hanging from the yellow garrage fixtures are 125w and the one hanging in the middle is a two footer T5

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I think what pinky is saying is that there is a difference between the consumed wattage, and the amount of wattage it would equal were it a incandescent bulb. It can be tricky on the packaging when it says 125 watts, and then in smaller print says that it consumes something like 40 watts of power and puts out as much light as a 125w incandescent bulb. Maybe my scale is just off, but I agree with Pinky, it doesn't seem like those bulbs are nearly big enough to be a 125w flouro, but please excuse me if they truly are, I just want to make sure you know how much light you are really giving your plants.

I also noticed that one of your plants has a very cool mutation going on were there is no serrated margin on your leaves. I wonder if that will continue or if it is being caused by an environmental factor somehow (heat, water, nutrient, or ph) but I have never seen this. Either way it looks pretty cool. I did my first grow under a T5 flouro setup too, It was by far the most fun grow I have done! Plants had plenty of problems but I kept them going till harvest and got a couple ounces of nice OG Kush smoke. Good luck with your first grow! Ill keep an eye on this.

-Meeks

4moblunts

I think what pinky is saying is that there is a difference between the consumed wattage, and the amount of wattage it would equal were it a incandescent bulb. It can be tricky on the packaging when it says 125 watts, and then in smaller print says that it consumes something like 40 watts of power and puts out as much light as a 125w incandescent bulb. Maybe my scale is just off, but I agree with Pinky, it doesn't seem like those bulbs are nearly big enough to be a 125w flouro, but please excuse me if they truly are, I just want to make sure you know how much light you are really giving your plants.

I also noticed that one of your plants has a very cool mutation going on were there is no serrated margin on your leaves. I wonder if that will continue or if it is being caused by an environmental factor somehow (heat, water, nutrient, or ph) but I have never seen this. Either way it looks pretty cool. I did my first grow under a T5 flouro setup too, It was by far the most fun grow I have done! Plants had plenty of problems but I kept them going till harvest and got a couple ounces of nice OG Kush smoke. Good luck with your first grow! Ill keep an eye on this.

-Meeks

Hey thanks for the clarification nMEEKS, I wouldn't have checked otherwise. So the ones in the yellow fixtures are actually T2 bulbs that use 23w and say they put out as much as a regular 100w bulb. Brightness is 1600 lumens and they are soft white 2700k.

Thanks for your input nMEEKS hopefully my babies will produce as much as yours. I think your talking about the Confidential OG not having serrated leaves, I noticed that as well and was just hoping that the new growth on it doesn't come out like that or that those leaves would slowly develop? I don't know yet but I guess we will wait n see.

4moblunts

Hey guys i found spider mites on the Sour OG and the Ogre OG so i tossed them :sweating now its just the Bubba and Con Og. Didnt really have the time or cheese to properly treat them. Hey now more light for my two plants and i think ill just get clones off the Bubba n Con OG when they are ready

4moblunts

So it been a little over 2 weeks since ive posted new pics. I have them going on FF nutrients right now and they are looking amazing. Im going to be installing some stronger cfls later today.

G

GrimloxK

your plants are looking great man....i'm a cfl grower myself and your cab dimensions are very similar to mine. I was gonna come in here and warn you that 4x 125 watt cfls would be putting way too much heat on your plants but I guess you meant 125 watt equivalent bulbs.

Stop by my grow diary if you want to see another cfl grow...i'm sure we can trade information lol. especially on lst'ing.

Bless.

4moblunts

your plants are looking great man....i'm a cfl grower myself and your cab dimensions are very similar to mine. I was gonna come in here and warn you that 4x 125 watt cfls would be putting way too much heat on your plants but I guess you meant 125 watt equivalent bulbs.

Stop by my grow diary if you want to see another cfl grow...i'm sure we can trade information lol. especially on lst'ing.

Bless.

Thanks a lot GrimloxK. I put in some bigger cfls, 40watt ones that put out about 150+ equivalent the other day cuz the leaves looked like they needed it. I'm also waiting for another 2' T5 light that should be coming in today but ill def take a look at some of your grows :pimp:

S

Sixth Alchemist

wish you luck meng. the plant thats missing the serrations look cool. im growing with cfls as well. fyi lowes has 65w cfls 6500k about 5000lumens per bulb, they fit into mogul sockets. they also have the dawn to dusk lights, a little rewiring and masking the sensor works as well.

4moblunts

wish you luck meng. the plant thats missing the serrations look cool. im growing with cfls as well. fyi lowes has 65w cfls 6500k about 5000lumens per bulb, they fit into mogul sockets. they also have the dawn to dusk lights, a little rewiring and masking the sensor works as well.

What up Sixth Alchemist! I actually went to lowes the other day and could only find 40w cfls. maybe the cfl flood light looking ones have more wattage? the more light the better

S

Sixth Alchemist

check under security lights, they have them with the hid security lights. but every store may be different, idk

4moblunts

Allrigty everyone it has been about another 2 weeks since I've last posted.... been a little busy with finals. I am still feeding them the FF line and they have been growing fast and strong. I'm going to start flowering in the next couple days and finally added the second 2' T5 light. The first 3 pics are of the Bubba Kush and the next 3 are of the LA Confidential. Also the plants I had thrown away because of the spidermites are actually growing outside in the baackyard. They have been growing slow but surprisingly still alive and are now a little over a 1'. enjoy the pics :bong2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom