cfl lighting

• Thread starter danschwo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danschwo

hi guys
i was just looking up on cfl lighting and was wondering what you guys think.
i have invested in a dutch barn e40 cfl fitting and reflector very cheap only £10
and i am looking at just a 200-250w red cfl for the whole grow as money is a little tight right now.
i have been looking around the net and stumbled across PURple cfls too
has anyone used these Purple cfls and shld i go for one of them?
i am growing
mandala BTB (Beyond the Brain) & Nirvana PPP (Pure Power Plant)
i have a stealth grow setup altho height is not a problem
all help is much appreciated
danschwo . :)

foaf

foaf

no one has answered, because I dont think many people have experience with these fancy new "colored" cfl bulbs.

I like cfl bulbs, especially the big 200 and 250 watters, but I would just get a "white" one with 2700 degrees color temperature for the whole grow, or if you mix more than one, mix a 6500 and a 2700. Using so called "color temperature" ratings to define the spectrum is much more common with flourescent lighting than the new colors that are touted. The 6500 are kinda like MH and the 2700 are kinda like HPS

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

I'm with Foaf on the mixing up of the CFL's color spectrums even if ya use smaller wattage bulbs & just more of em . They will work ya just gotta keep em as close as ya can to the plant without burning em . Low & Slow but they are quite Stealth & minimal initial investment with a pretty feckin good outcome ,,,

B

Bamboocha

It is better to use many, low power bulbs then few high power. Get 10 cfl from 25w and put them everywhere and mix them if you have enought space .... You can put 7x2700k and 3x6400k to give your plants better light spectrum...

Top Bottom