CFL lights.

• Thread starter no1birdman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

no1birdman

Haveing just bought a 125 duel spectrun envirolite, I bought some small cfl 20 w bulbs to supplement my lights in a cupboard, I was suprised to see that the small cfls were the same colour red as the envirolite. I went round a few shops in the uk area were I live and all the small cfls were a red spectrum no cool white ie blue.Anyone no where you can buy the cool whites 20w in the uk. Thanks

N

no1birdman

Hi, it is a waste of time buying a red envirolite if a few of thease warm bulbs give off the same spectrum, I checked holding a dvd disk under them and the colours are the same,So aprox 6 small 20wcfl are nearlythe same as 125w envirilite. I can buy thease for 79pence each and holders 39pence.

20north

please use T5's they will cost you sooo much less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-20north

N

no1birdman

Hi, the envirolite cost 20pds so how much are t5s in 2ft for 125 watts.

W

WilliamsWonder

You can't find any that say 6500k on them? Are they all 2700?

WilliamsWonder

N

no1birdman

Hi, yes every one is a red spectrun ie warm white, no cool white

W

WilliamsWonder

Wow, that's odd. I've never been in a store that didn't offer at least two polar opposites. You could buy them on ebay.

All the best
WilliamsWonder

N

no1birdman

Hi, yes but have you seen the price, it is cheaper to buy a envirolite.

B

been

Isn't Europe big on purple floros right now? Nlite or something? maybe they would be a better choice or at least a supplemental light.

Patriot

Patriot

I bough some regular CFL 45 w ...red spectrum and other white spectrum and they work wonders...noithing like a 1000 w light but hey..works for me...check my 2nd interesting set up...if u are interested, everything was really or fairly cheap to put together...just trying to help

M

MrJuicyBudz

i got 125w cfl on ebay self ballasted and its 6500k and rather reasonable price too, just plug and grow! but i have a question, how close can i put it to the plant?

Z

Zac(Aus)

well it depends how much heat its putting off, my cfls dont really put off any heat and i have them about 10-15 cm off the top of the plants and my plants are in veg growing fine

S

SRHninja

If you hold your hand their and the heat makes it uncomfortable it will most likely be bad for your plant to... regular cfls they always say keep them 3-4 inches from the plant you loose lumen at a gr8r distance...

Also i grew a really good reggie seed and got 1 oz of a two foot tall plant i had 8, 26watt CFLS 4red and 4 blue on her...

Top Bottom