Cfl Set Up Advise Needed

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

So I'm on to my second grow after an awesome first grow and I'm thinking about switching up my lighting arrangement. In my first grow I always felt I was held back a but by not having the lighting set up as well as I could have done it. I used led panels ('300w 'galaxy hydro for veg and that plus two 300w red led panels, and three 65w 2700k 4300lumen cfls). I found that putting the lights laterally really improved the growth in the bloom phase (I constantly rearranged my lights during all weeks until the final 2.5 when I got them to where I felt they functioned best). One thing that I think I could improve is the lumen output to my plants. In the veg it was 12000 and in the bloom it wasnt much more than double that.

I'm thinking that for this grow I'd combine the best qualities of everything I tried last grow by keeping the vertical galaxy hydro led and then augmenting it with cfl's hung alongside the plants. This will give me a light with a high lum out put, 360° light coverage and high lumens.

Here's my idea for each phase....

Veg.
Lights:
300w (160w drawn) 6 band/ir/uv/12k lumen led
4x 105w 5500k 7000 lumen cfl's
4x 55w 2700k 3600 lumens cfl's
3x 85w 5500k 6000 lumens cfl's

Total watts: 1055w
Total lumens: 72400 lumens

The led will be above the capony. The 105w cfl's will be in 2 groups of two on either side of the tent. The 55w cfl's will be in a group of 4 situated in the middle of the back of the tent. The 85w cfl's will be placed equally spaced along the front opening of the tent. All the cfl's will be hanging horizontal to the plants but placed far enough up and over to prevent light burñ.

Bloom
Lights:
300w galaxy hydro led
8x 55w 2700k 3600 lumens cfls
2x 65w 2700k 4300 lumens cfl's
4x 26w 2700k 1800 lumens cfl's

Total watts: 85w
Total lumens: 56600 lumens

The led will be vertically above the canopy. The 55w cfl's will be on two groups of four along the back of the tent. The 26w cfl's will he in two paired groups on either side of the tent. And the 65 watt cfl's will be alongside the plants at the front opening of the tent.

As for heat issues or humidity problems from so much light energy I have a 4" exhaust fan with controller and a 5000btu AC ducted into the tent for intake. I also have a 12" fan in my tent and a 8"' fan. For humidity I have a humidifier and dehumidifier that I cam use if needed.

At the moment I have the veg set up going in my tent (plants are still in seedling closet) and the temp is 79*F and rh is 40%'. I think these set up's are pretty good. Input and advice welcomed tho.

Top Bottom