CFL VS. T5 For Vegging.. NEED SOME TIPS

• Thread starter Toone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Toone

Im about to start my second cycle and being that im still getting used to thing still not sure on some things. So i Was wondering what would be better to vegg with for bushier plants T5 or CFL bulbs any tips would help thanks........

nebulius

nebulius

T5 and CFL are both fluorescent lights so I would think of it in terms of which is more suited to your growing space. You should work out how many lumens you need to illuminate your space sufficiently, and then get a lamp or lamps with an appropriate output. You then want to spread the light evenly over the grow space. For example you would need more CFL's to equal the same light stamp as a T5. Also heat is something you need to keep in mind, if you have several CFLs it tends to raise the temp in smaller spaces.
So really it all comes down to your room design and what is best suited for your space.

Bannacis

Bannacis

If you veg with HID lights like a 150 up to 400 watt ML. you'll get bigger and healthier bushes.
but if between cfl or t5...nebulius is pretty much spot on.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yep there both right and also don't forget about your plant count, if you have more plants I would use the T5 cuz there longer and you can fit more plants under them. If you got only a few plants then the CFL's might be better so you can put them directly over each plant.

T

Toone

Alright thanks guys ima upload some pictures of my indoor grow a bit later on this thread

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

CFL bulbs are essentially T5 bulbs twisted around itself. Unless you just need to add a spot of light I recommend using the T5 fixtures and bulbs. One of the biggest things to look for in a T5 fixture is the reflectors. The small diameter of the bulbs helps their efficiency but you need parabolic reflectors for each bulb to get the most out of it. Most good fixtures have this feature. I have been using these bulbs to grow everything from corals to ganja and think they are excellent for veg. I've been using a 4' 4 bulb fixture in a tent and have had great results with no heat issues.

Top Bottom