Changing hours in 12/12

• Thread starter Ne Obliviscaris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Ne Obliviscaris

So I looked through old threads and I couldn't find any that answered this question, my apologies if its been asked an answered.

I have a 3 stage perpetual flower room that rotates every 25 days, which is perfect timing for this slow growing kush im running, which is at its peak at 75 days. The issue is that the room has been getting too hot in the day and too cold at night, and I think I can fix this simply by changing the hours of my 12/12. Currently im on from 10am-10pm, and I;d like to switch to 6pm-6am on. Is it going to cause them to herm if I do this? I really don't want to interrupt my cycle for 75 days, but I also think that adding an AC and a heater to a room that could be run without them is a waste.

I've changed timing by an hour before after a power outage and it didnt stress them enough that they did anything, as long as I make sure the switch favors dark over light (ie they have 20 hours of dark before they go to light rather than 20 hours of light they go to dark) should I be OK?
Thoughts?

cannabeans

cannabeans

should be fine...

i have done that plenty of times with no problems at all... like you said make sure they have more dark than light that day....

ttystikk

ttystikk

Two ways to accomplish the time change; either leave the lights on for the additional time and then run your dark cycle normally- this would be my personal choice, since it's easier and stresses the plants less IMHO. Option B is to turn the lights off and let them sit in the dark for the extra time. Whichever you choose, don't let the light kick on- or open the door- less than 12 hours after the last time they've seen daylight.

I run my girls at night and off during the day for exactly this reason. Less power, and it also has the advantage of being even less detectable.

N

Ne Obliviscaris

Thanks for the advice, folks. I'll be rotating the timing this weekend, I'll report back on any issues.

hiboy

hiboy

Yes when they are suppose to turn on at ten in the morning, dont let them turn on. THen at six pm turn them on and reset for off time at six a.m. the next morning.
h

J

JJP53

I run my lights at night for the same reason of heat. My 1000w usually runs about 10 degrees warm than the outside temp running an inline fan thru it

Nutts

Nutts

Why if theyre run at night are they less detectable? I always figured by running them during the day when the suns up no one could see it..at night youd think any heat detection has a much better chance when the outside of the house is cooled down? Am I thinking opposite? hmmmm its cold as hell down there maybe I should run em at night to keep em warm rather than letting it get down to sixty f..

P

paperplane

+1n just leave them in darkness. Wont hurt them at all.

N

Ne Obliviscaris

Switched over doing just what hiboy said and no issues, all three stages have continued their normal growth. Temperatures are much better now.

hiboy

hiboy

Switched over doing just what hiboy said and no issues, all three stages have continued their normal growth. Temperatures are much better now.

Kewl bro glad to help ya out. Never turn lights on during your dark cycle in the day time. Buy a green light, i have one that straps on my head like a coal miner, and u wont screw them up. The green lamp wont affect the budding plants. ITs also nice to go in during the day when lights are off and see if you see any daylight coming thru anywhere. If you do then make sure u cover and seal it.
h

ttystikk

ttystikk

Why if theyre run at night are they less detectable? I always figured by running them during the day when the suns up no one could see it..at night youd think any heat detection has a much better chance when the outside of the house is cooled down? Am I thinking opposite? hmmmm its cold as hell down there maybe I should run em at night to keep em warm rather than letting it get down to sixty f..

In my case, I live in the suburbs and people are out and about walking their dogs and going to school during the day. If my growroom is 'on' during the day, then the smell will be out there for all these people to potentially notice. At night, no one is around, so things don't get noticed. That's all, no police chopper infrared conspiracy theory here...

Top Bottom