changing light cycle in flower...

• Thread starter ricksiri
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ricksiri

quick question.

right now my flower room is on 5pm to 5am (on/off). been like this for 3 weeks. i am not happy with this schedule. my question is this, would it negatively affect the flowering cycle if i were to change the lights by an hour at a time everyday until i'm at 10pm to 10am (on/off). so it would go like this: first day 6pm to 6am, second day 7pm to 7am, third day 8pm to 8am, and so on until i hit 10pm to 10am. what do you folks think?

thanks

N

noone88

You can go from 6am to 6pm to 10am to 10pm without a problem. Flowering vs veg is determined by night cycle duration. Increasing the night time, especially for one day, won't have any negative effects.

That's why when people someone mess up their lighting schedule due to equipment failure, the first suggestion is always reset the plants using 24 hours of darkness.

stickyicky

stickyicky

I would go with the following schedule: day #1= off 6a- on 7p ;day#2= off 7a-on 8p; day #3= off 8a-on 9p; day#4 off 9a on 10p; day #5= off 10a-on 10p.

This is how I do it. No less than 12 hrs. darkness each night.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck

D

dooobster

Yep just make it so the plant gets 13 hours of darkness each day as you adjust up to the 10pm on / 10am off schedule... They'll be alright and you won't jack with the flowering routine.

420Gator

420Gator

what would happen if you just made one light or dark cycle an extra few to several hours and did it it one day? Id actually like to switch to nights for A/C purposes

O

OGrower

leave the lights off for 24 hours and then adjust to times you want, done.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Gotta go with OGrower's advice--just do it, keeping dark period to a minimum of 12hrs.

beezleb878

beezleb878

This is great info, thanks guys. Gonna do the 24 hour darkness and then change light schedule.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok to increase dark period and switch. If it is a stable strain will be no issuse. I have experimented with prolonged dark periods during swell with no adverse effects.

P

Pantyraider

I did this once. Changed the light cycle by 4 hours. Stressed the plants out and they hermed, spit pollen EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't recommend it at all, but apparently 24hours off darkness will reset them...?

Top Bottom