Changing the water - autos

• Thread starter Askye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Askye

Askye

Hey,

Quick question, I’m looking into hydro growing.
I’m terms of changing the water, I’ve heard a good rule of thumb is to change it every 2 weeks but would this be the same if the seeds/plants were auto-flowering?
Also any other things that would be good to know when growing autos hydro?

Thanks ☺️

josefrahl

josefrahl

Rez changes will be the same for photos or autos. The frequency dependent on how many plants you have on what size Rez.
Yep. I grow autos in 2 gal rez per plant. Change weekly after seedling stage. Some strains will drink most of it up in 4 days during stretch forcing an early change.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I stopped dumping my solution after I purchased my testing kits. I can test Nitrate, Nitrite, Potassium, phosphate, Magnesium, Calcium, alkalinity, ppms and PH. This just means i can only add what it needs. My transplant system res only last two months anyways before harvest.

P

Paradiced

I stopped dumping my solution after I purchased my testing kits. I can test Nitrate, Nitrite, Potassium, phosphate, Magnesium, Calcium, alkalinity, ppms and PH. This just means i can only add what it needs. My transplant system res only last two months anyways before harvest.
Could you give some more information on the testing kits you're talking about?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Could you give some more information on the testing kits you're talking about?

Ignore the co2 stuff
Screenshot 20220428 132147
Screenshot 20220428 1322072

P

Paradiced

Okay I got you. Must be useful for setting benchmarks. Cool, thank you for the info 👍

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

For example if im flowering I want 100ppm of calcium, 50 ppms mag, 120 ppms nitrate, 100ppms phosphate, 150ppms potassium. So no matter what my ppms have to be above 520. So if I check and my ppms are down to 400 or 500. . im almost out of something. . i then check to see what. . and i add it.

If found if i add too much N it actually lowers the ph. So if i add ph up to correct, i will run out of mag sooner than if I had not added so much N. This is to to me adding calcium with Ph up instead of Calmag. .. My goal is to avoid ph up. . and use calmag. Anyways. . its not at all means simple to keep a batch for 60 days. Also if your adding h202 or any other corrosives, you wont be able to do this method. You will have to be using enzymes if using h202. . and yea. . ur ppms slowly rise because not all plasma will bind with the enzymes. . leaving both over as waste.

I use bacteria which is why I can do this.

P

Paradiced

Have you started to see a pretty definitive pattern? What element do you find them eating the most during mid flower?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

n
Have you started to see a pretty definitive pattern? What element do you find them eating the most during mid flower?
I have not been testing long enough, nor at consistant times. Id say Nitrate is on top, with the rest at about equal ppms. Talking out my ass honestly. . havnt trended it.

Top Bottom