Changing The Water In Dwc

• Thread starter TokinBluntz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TokinBluntz

I'll be changing the water for the first time in a couple days. My question is, do I premix my water with nutes etc and refill by top feeding?
I don't have a developed root system per say, I'm about a week into this thing but later on when I do have a root system... I know the roots shouldn't be exposed to any light so I'm just trying to get a heads up on changing the water before I get to that point. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

sixstring

sixstring

Are you in a bucket setup? If so just move the netpot with plant to an empty bucket for a few minutes while you change the res.i have let them sit out like that for 30 mins many times.

T

TokinBluntz

It's a 5 gallon res with 6 4" net pots.. Same concept though I guess. I'll just get some buckets and do it that way.

sixstring

sixstring

If its a 5g tote just find something to hold the lid while the roots just dangle freely and you can do your res change
And put them back in the water when your done. It wont hurt them to be out of the water for a few mins while you work

T

TokinBluntz

So it won't hurt them to be exposed to the light for a few minutes?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

It will not effect them...

All other advice is on point...

Keep it Green!
No, probly wouldn't affect them to get a lil light. Mine do occasionally. But as for someone just starting to grow dwc, I would say it's best to not start bad habits early.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I agree but there are worse habits to focus on X'ing out and be realistic for a beginner...

T

TokinBluntz

Alright, thanks guys... appreciate all the help. I'm about a week in and so far everything is looking pretty good!

T

TokinBluntz

Quick question, need help asap!!

About 2 weeks old: ph was 6.5 so I added a tiny bit of ph down (.50 ml) obviously way to much. PH is 4 right now. Will it be OK or should I get it back to at least 5.5? I've added 2.5ml of ph up and still no change... add more or no?

Bowski

Bowski

Get your PH right, Its very important on how your crop takes in nutes.
you will have to add small amounts till its right.

sixstring

sixstring

if it was me i would dump the res and start over instead of chasing ph with the up and down.by the time you get it right it will have raised your ppm/ec and it never seems as stable once you use both products in the res .gl

tromak

tromak

Just pump it out and replace it. Make sure your buckets block all the light. I always did it in the day just be quick, shouldn't have any problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom