changing vac oil

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

How often is everybody changing their vac oil?

Robinair says do it every time you use it, but that seems wasteful. I did just buy the 8 cfm pump so I was thinking of changing it every 2-3 times.

Before this I've never changed oil, but I was using a pos single stage pump then

Changing vac oil

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
When it looks dirty i change it.. maybe every 3-4 runs , Pick up gallons of lube oil of ebay for about 30$ and a gallon of mineral oil to just flush the system with for about 20$ locally..

I use my pump for other stuff as well so sometimes it gets changed a little more often. But mostly i just check the cloudiness of the oil if it looks dirty enuff i'll change it if im not feeling incredibly lazy.

blazer

blazer

Yup like littledabbie said every few uses should be good the oil used is a real dry oil so it tends to absorb moisture when to dirty they don't pull a vacuum as good or as fast when the oil is fresh good luck thats a nice pump 8cfm is big boy!

N

noone88

I've been using motor oil in my pumps for over a decade. I change it out when the oil changes color or if it becomes "runny" at room temp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom