changing your lighting time how do you change yours??

• Thread starter pure arghan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pure arghan

:spacecraft: hi im looking more fed back form the farmers hear at thc, id like to know how any of the farmers hear change there lighting time from veg to flowering, when i change my lighting time from veg to flowering i just rest the timer to 12/12 but iv heard that if you turn off the light for 24hrs before you change to 12/12 the plant will flower quiker and wont slow the plant down?? has any one done this? is there better ways of changing the lighting times? :very_first_smiley:

B

been

Plants stretch at night. You should just flip to 12/12 straight away. I'm sure someone has a problem with me saying that too; heaven forbid my experience be valid. :scared0016:

R

ReelBusy1

Plants stretch at night. You should just flip to 12/12 straight away. I'm sure someone has a problem with me saying that too; heaven forbid my experience be valid. :scared0016:

yea I just simply switch it over too.
Sometimes if I'm pulling plants out of the veg group I'll throw them in a closet in the morning on the first day of their flowering then throw them in with the flowers that night when it's dark.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I heard that leaving them in the dark for 24 hours helps jump start the flowering process. I don't see a problem with just switching to just 12/12..I've done both and it seems to work well both ways.

S

SeenTheLight

A good friend of mine who has been doing this for some 15 years told me to flower on 11hrs 45mins light and 12hrs 15mins dark. He wanted to make sure that the girls got 12 hours as he didnt trust timers to be accurate enough.

I have done 3 grows on the new regime and I can say that everything started flowering a good 5 to 7 days earlier than on previous grows!!!

What works well for me may not for others. :)

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I have tryed both.
And have noticed they start showing flowers quiker with 24 hrs of dark.

J

Jafo

As people have said, there are many methods and most work.
Personally, I like to do a week of 16/8 before I drop down to 12/12 just to try and increase root mass, if I have the time to do so.

P

pure arghan

do you mean 18/6

As people have said, there are many methods and most work.
Personally, I like to do a week of 16/8 before I drop down to 12/12 just to try and increase root mass, if I have the time to do so.
do you mean 18 on and 6 off, iv never heard of 16/8 before, wot time do you have for veging??

J

Jafo

pure arghan

Nah, I did mean 16 on and 8 off.

For vegging I normally use 18/6, more lights-on will give far more veg development, but I like to let my little darlings have a little sleep. I try to be nice.

To the best of my knowledge, from charts that I saw in the past, 16/8 provides the plant with the fastest root development and this is the lighting schedule that I normally use when rooting cuttings.
When I do allow a week of 16/8 before flowering it's to try and boost the root mass without using some hormones that might slow down flower formation when they hit 12/12.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

I hear ya been, seems of late there has been more negetative posts on the Farm than I can ever remember. Times are changing I guess.

jj

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've heard many diff ways to initiate flowering light schedule, but for past 15 years i've been just flipping it right over. I don't see the point in giving them complete darkness for a day as that will never happen beyond human intervention... but whatever is clever!

R

Rasta311

Yeah I just switch right on to 12/12 as well. Never had any problems.

A

addicted

Ditto!

I guess I can't see it being faster, taking away light hours seem counter-productive... /shrug

Top Bottom