Charlottes Webb

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DAT

DAT

I have heard some terrific stories about the Charlottes Webb strain helping to cure kids seizures. The news reports I have seen show family's across the country moving to Colorado to be able to legally get their child this particular medication to help with the illness.
But I have yet to see anyone growing this strain on the or any discussions about it.
I think it would be very rewarding to be able to grow this strain for the sick children.
Does anyone know of a grow diary being kept of Charlottes Web ? peace DAT:cat:

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
They have a waiting list of over a thousand-and say it like its a good thing. Greedy in my opinion.

@homebrew420 has great cut that is near 24% CBD, less than 1% THC.....
If you're a CO med patient he wants to share it with you.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Was just gonna mention HB was workin on a cbd strain. Sounds awesome from what I've read.

homebrew420

homebrew420

From thread #6 @ http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44288-charlottes-web-and-epilepsy/

I can now say with reasonable certainty that I am officially in possession of legitimate Charlotte's Web Genetics =)

It's been quite a day, and I have quite a story to tell...

After declaring to start a CBD community breeding project this morning I decided one of the first things we would need would be a couple already high in CBD strains as a starting point for selective breeding.. I decided to call Mitch over at The Bud Depot in Lyons Colorado, He's made his way around the industry to a considerable extent and he clued me in on something that I found very interesting, It turns out Charlotte's Web is actually a Charlotte's Lie... it's a stolen and re-branded strain, the original was simply named R4.

I know, that sounded way over the top to me to.... So, I got on Google and did a little research. Turns out Greenwerkz Denver does have a claim on this strain named R4, so thinking at the very least this would be a great starting strain for the breeding project I called them in hopes that they would not be keeping it under lock and key like The Stanley Brothers are doing with C-Web. And to my happy surprise they are making it available in seed form.

I immediately jumped in my truck and headed down to they're shop. Still not believing entirely the story of Charlotte's web being a re-brand of R4 I was very fortunate and felt a moment of providence when waiting in the Greenwerkz Lobby I had a chance to meet one of the owners, a very friendly gentleman by the name of Todd. I asked him permission to share the things he was about to tell me and he encouraged me to do so...

From thread #6 @ http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44288-charlottes-web-and-epilepsy/

At one point the head grower of Greenwerkz was an oriental man who kept a unusual strain he called Wu-1. One day Todd one of Greenwerkz owners brought a sample of the dried Wu-1 flowers to Full Spectrum Labs to be tested in a gas chromatography machine. He knew that there was just something different about it, Todd explained that he received a rather excited phone call from Full Spectrum once they're tests where complete "Do you know what you have here?" they asked him. 20%+ CBD, this is an amazing strain! he had no idea until that moment.

Sometime around 2010 The Stanley Brother's and the owners of Greenwerkz shared a common grow space. Todd mentioned that the Stanley's where actively working with higher CBD strains at the time, but nothing not even close to the Wu-1 later to be R4's levels which are 20%+CBD and around 1% THC. This sounded convincing enough, but there was one last piece to the puzzle that finally convinced me this is all true... The tell tale genetic mutation in the buds and leafs which causes very unusual white streaks and patches (a trait I have never seen before) is present in Charlotte's Web and (drum roll) in R4 as well... case closed in my book.

And of course our test on the R14er, our seed grown cut of R4, bottom of the pagehttps://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/homebrew420s-seed-creation-and-selection.48612/page-36

homebrew420

homebrew420

I made a mistake about total cannabinoids. 21.39cbd and .91 thc. Getting crossed with all med varieties I have via STS reversal and a few other natural hybrids, fire bx pollen, and Starfighter will be among the first.

Peace

Black Lab

Black Lab

Check out Mr. Nice on THC Bay. I picked up some of the G13 Widow because the written description talks about being high in cannibinoids. I have arthritic and peripheral neuropathic pain problems myself and am hoping this strain will have some pain relief qualities. Does anyone have anymore info on this strain?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Interesting- I'd heard about the r4 speculation but didn't want to mention it without any info to support... the Stanley's say they worked it for over two years from sour tsunami and harlequin genes.

I hear the waiting list is about a 6 month wait!
maybe if the plant were legal there wouldn't be a waiting list!!
Folks could grow it like they grow apples, carrots and other daily foods that have been in our diet for thousands of years.

It's not the legal factor that creates the waiting list. Granted, I could be wrong, but from what I've seen the Stanleys have created a waiting list by opting not to release the genetics for patients to grow on their own. I'm all for making money cultivating cannabis or hemp- but I don't appreciate the way they portray themselves as some saints for selling a product with artificially inflated value. But I guess that has always been the two sides to this coin- medical access vs. profit motivation

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

have u guys seen the prices for high cbd meds!?! of course its gonna be held pretty tight. sucks though because it was created to help, not make $$$.. or was it... i dunno though, its got alot of hype in so cal right now. Ive seen Charolettes Web cuts from Colo down here that were confirmed. also seen a couple that looked the same to me, but was not verified of origins so hard to say until legitimately tested. all i know is that it does help out a lot of people and i feel it should be released to those in need.

hotRod

hotRod

"It's not the legal factor that creates the waiting list. Granted, I could be wrong, but from what I've seen the Stanleys have created a waiting list by opting not to release the genetics for patients to grow on their own. I'm all for making money cultivating cannabis or hemp- but I don't appreciate the way they portray themselves as some saints for selling a product with artificially inflated value. But I guess that has always been the two sides to this coin- medical access vs. profit motivation[/quote]

@ Natural Therapy
Hmm
To be fair
I think many many growers have cuts on lock down. I know many good folks that have tried to get elite cuts from members here on the farm and they won't let em go. I don't think Stanley brothers are the only ones.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
When people are moving here from other states to get access- only to find they don't actually have access due to availability there is a conflict created. Stanleys keep themselves in a position of making money from this conflict- whereas other outfits and growers offer the same remedies and the means to produce it yourself. Some see it as "just business" and others see it as "profiteering".

@hotRod That's right- Stanleys are far from unique in this regard... access vs. profits is a delicate balance is any business.
But maybe this is a different discussion because I never heard anything about Sour D curing degenerative neural diseases.

I've found the majority of folks at the farm to be particularly generous. Elite cuts have varying degrees of access, but like with everything else in this world- its all about who you know. But in an easy medical access state it is very easy for me to say that. I guess when it comes down it local community is a better source for high quality genetics than public forums which specifically prohibit trading as a prerequisite for security.

green punk

green punk

Interesting- I'd heard about the r4 speculation but didn't want to mention it without any info to support... the Stanley's say they worked it for over two years from sour tsunami and harlequin genes.

It's not the legal factor that creates the waiting list. Granted, I could be wrong, but from what I've seen the Stanleys have created a waiting list by opting not to release the genetics for patients to grow on their own. I'm all for making money cultivating cannabis or hemp- but I don't appreciate the way they portray themselves as some saints for selling a product with artificially inflated value. But I guess that has always been the two sides to this coin- medical access vs. profit motivation

Fuck those Stanley doosch bags and their highlighted hair and designer fashion shit. They openly and blatantly got into the business because the real estate market tanked and they lost their ass. Watch reruns of that stupid show they were on, you ll see. And they aren't the only posers in the industry. Dime a dozen.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I will take photos and post tomorrow. The variegated leaves were present with all three of the original clones from individuals. The folks that gave these to us told us they had both intersex expression as well as TMV, tobacco mosaic virus, and culled all 3. My coworker responsible for bringing these in told me, these guys claimed it had actually spread within the garden and killed other plants...though this sounded ridiculous I also didn't feel like I was going to be the guy that kills the garden. Hahaha so we killed off the other 2. Hind sight being what it is, I should have obviously kept them all. Oh well. Sts is a great compound and we will soon find out what we can find.
Pics tomorrow

Peace

Cort

Cort

Is there any known access for finished product in socal? Id like to pick up a sample for my mom. Fibromyalgia, arthritis and COPD (so she cant smoke any more) overweight from thyroid + diabetic = no butter and I am not in position to grow anything ATM. Running out of easy ways to keep her medicated as my supply of trim/larf dwindles. Something with more actual relief, rather than being so stoned she forgets to hurt sounds nice.

Top Bottom