Chasing deficiencies with Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Sensi Coco

• Thread starter NYweedSnob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NYweedSnob

Hello all,

I am having problems using PH Perfect Sensi Coco by AN. I have had several successful grows using this exact same set up I am currently using and my conditions are well within proper range but this is my first time using AN. I am using buffered coco in Airpots with 3+ fertigation events per day with distilled water as my starting water.

I am 5 weeks into veg and it started off well but for the past 2 weeks I am getting a deficiency I can’t figure out for the life of me. The tips of all of my leaves are bright yellow and some of the leaves are yellow along the edges like they were colored with a highlighter. It definitely isn’t nute burn as the tips aren’t crispy and it’s not effecting the older lower leaves, only the new leaves and all of the new shoots are coming out already yellow at the tips. I also noticed there was slight intervenal chlorosis and the leaves themselves are just growing weird they aren’t perfect and smooth like my previous grows.

75% strength (about 1400EC) was working well before this started, so I tried simply upping the strength just 100EC for a few days to fix it but even that little increase made the yellowing worse as well as some slight eagle clawing. Then I tried adding Cal Mag Xtra to my starting water to make it 400EC, then added Sensi Coco grow at 75% strength. Then I diluted it all down to 1400EC and PH comes out to 5.8. Before I fed it this new mix I flushed the pot using GH Florakleen and then flushed again with this new nutrient mix to give it a fresh start and this is what I’m still currently feeding it. It fixed the intervenal chlorosis but the tips seem like it’s getting worse. I purchased Sensi coco for the ease of use and it specifically says on the website that it doesn’t cause any “mysterious deficiencies” but that’s what I’m getting and I am at a complete loss right now I’m not sure what can be causing this.

I contacted AN support but all they did was link me their feed chart and said follow it. I kid you not. And if I do follow it it says I should be giving it 100% strength at this stage of my grow which is just ridiculous and would just bring the N tox/eagle clawing back tenfold.

Any help would be appreciated I just want growing to be fun again 😔

Chasing deficiencies with advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi coco
Chasing deficiencies with advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi coco 2
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have an Apogee Par meter and it’s only 750 par which is right in range.
Did you explain that to your plants? I find the bastards just don't listen to reason.

In all seriousness, hopefully @Aqua Man can drop in and advise you. I never grew in coco and that's his medium of choice.

2Bad

2Bad

Did you explain that to your plants? I find the bastards just don't listen to reason.

In all seriousness, hopefully @Aqua Man can drop in and advise you. I never grew in coco and that's his medium of choice.
I agree with @mysticepipedon what's the distance and watts?

T

Trae1170

What is the temperature at the top of the plant, heat stress will do this. Also, Calibrate your Ph meter and recheck your ph value, this may be causing deficiencies and you will be chasing your tail forever.

I have always used General Hydroponics in coco and never had a problem, AN is just too expensive and I do not see that they are any better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom