• 🎅 Early Christmas Sale - 25% Off All Seeds 🎄
    Use Coupon Code At Checkout: XMAS25

Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

Good Morning :)

So I came across a very interesting thread by Sky High this morning talking about why pay more for a cutesy label and after reading some of DesertS posts on nutrient profiles, I got to thinkin.

What are large scale nurseries using in their hydroponic applications?

I really doubt any commercial scale vegetable growers are using the products we cannabis growers use,(Canna, AN, DM, Ionic, House & garden, etc...)

So In my searching I came across this product, http://www.jrpeterslab.com/order_now.html

its a 25lb bag of Jacks Hydroponic nutrient for $36.00.

from my understanding needs to be stacked with the calcium nitrate product from jacks, which is $24.00 for a 25lb bag.
here is a little info on the products,

http://www.jacksprofessional.com/products.pdf

http://www.jrpeters.com/hydroponics.html

They also have other water soluble nutrients with different nutrient profiles as well.

This jacks brand may not be quite what we are looking for as hydroponic growers but I am sure there are other similar alternatives with different nutrient profiles.

*Has anyone used this product, or a similar product with good results?*

:wondering:wondering

I recently switched to Greenleaf Nutrients Megacrop, a 1 part solid nute.
The same exact nute is used from seed to harvest, with no need for bloom boosters, calmag, or anything else..
I love the simplicity, and so far it's at least as good as the more expensive GeneralHydroponics and CurrentCulture multi-part nutes I've used in the past in dwc.
https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/mega-crop/?v=7516fd43adaa
The price has gone up since I got mine.

Anyone still using Jacks?
I was going to do jacks 3-2-1 plan last round, but then I went with grow more dry amendment aka Mendocino producer ( like their additional line/organics ) grow mores dry bases are very similar to jacks but they do have their own signature lines and liquids .

I was super impressed by this round results and granted it has a veg base ( beg flower, mid stage flower, ending flower)

Funny I’ve used so many brands ( super expensive liquids and this stuff might of made the best buds yet )

Invest in your bennies and your grow room for that extra edge , not stupid liquid/nutes cause the big boys don’t ethier

Ive been wanting to switch up my feeding program to a more simplistic and cost effective regiment. So far ive been researching mega crop and jacks. Still dont know which one I want to go with. I was looking and mega crop and from what I gather, its pretty much an all in one formula with the exception of adding a pk boost and beneficial bacteria . Is there anything else that I might be missing? Im looking to purchase it soon, but wanted to see if anyone could give a few pointers when using this product.

Thanks in advance!

Ive been wanting to switch up my feeding program to a more simplistic and cost effective regiment. So far ive been researching mega crop and jacks. Still dont know which one I want to go with. I was looking and mega crop and from what I gather, its pretty much an all in one formula with the exception of adding a pk boost and beneficial bacteria . Is there anything else that I might be missing? Im looking to purchase it soon, but wanted to see if anyone could give a few pointers when using this product.

Thanks in advance!
Been running it for almost 2 yrs now with great results..Nothing special, but as usual less is more. I still am on the old formula and supplement it with Cal-mag and a PK boost. Your plants will tell you. The new formula was made to supposedly make up for these shortfalls. I also still supplement with Botincare Sweet Raw.

Let's just say that my colas need support sooner than ever before (that was with Canna Terra)

BTW..I bought the 22lb sac and after it's opened, you need an air tight bucket to keep it fresh.

I'm using Greenleaf Megacrop in DWC, and love its ease of use.
It's hard to tell, but my yields might be up a bit.
I had to use some CalMag early on, but haven't ever used a bloom boost.
The P in pH dn (phosphoric acid) probably does that already.

The need for CalMag was probably my fault, becuase I under-fed early.
I suspect that most fertilizers are indistinguishable from each other, and cheaper is just as good.

I am using mega crop right now and I like it but it needs some additives. I seem to need a bit of mg for my plants and megacrop has very little sulfur so you might want to supplement that as well to bring out the best flavor. I think additives that work great with megacrop are Heavy prime, which has sugars, b vitamins, l amino acids, well needed potassium sulfate, kelp and even some silica. Sea green is also another great supplement as well. Be careful with pk supplements because although you need one megacrop has a lot of k in it so you do not want to overdo it.

I am using mega crop right now and I like it but it needs some additives. I seem to need a bit of mg for my plants and megacrop has very little sulfur so you might want to supplement that as well to bring out the best flavor. I think additives that work great with megacrop are Heavy prime, which has sugars, b vitamins, l amino acids, well needed potassium sulfate, kelp and even some silica. Sea green is also another great supplement as well. Be careful with pk supplements because although you need one megacrop has a lot of k in it so you do not want to overdo it.
So you've given up on the Heavy 16 line?

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1