Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quantrill

Quantrill

May very well be a mistake on my part when moving the decimal. I'll double check when i get home.

Quantrill

Quantrill

yup, i screwed up when moving the decimal.

Good catch Mountain.

Always double check my math.

1,000,000 X 0.078 =78,000
7.8%= 78,000ppm

one gram of agsil 16h=139.392ppm SiO2

78,000 divided by 139.392 = 559.57 grams per gallon of Agsil 16H to get a solution with 7.8% SiO2

mountain

mountain

Thanks, Quantrill, for all your help on this.

Just read at customhydronutrients that the manufacturer says it may take over an hour to get concentrations like that of the Agsil16H to dissolve. Hmmm.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Yeah, in reality if you want a copy of the Protek you'd be better off getting the agsil 25. It is what Protek is made from, or atleast physically and chemically more similar. With 8.3% K2O and 20.8% SiO2 it is a 2.5 weight ratio SiO2:K2O and it is a liquid already.
Protek is:
7.8/3=2.6 weight ratio

and really the 3% from the GA is probably understated for legal labeling reasons.

Using the AgSil 16H to make a liquid concentrate with the same 7.8% SiO2 as the protek gives you 4.7% K2O.

So 4.7%K2O and 7.8% SiO2. for the Agsil16H concentrate compared
to 3% K2O and 7.8% SiO2 for the protek or diluted Agsil25.

prometh

prometh

anyone here got any info on the process of getting the salts to liquid and botttling them?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
anyone here got any info on the process of getting the salts to liquid and botttling them?

ummm, Im pretty sure you just mix them in and then add some food coloring or dye to make it look exciting.

A

aRiv

wow. 40 pages worth of knowledge here:D thanks fellas! i was running the canna line but the summer heat makes it a bitch to maintain so much water and after having to dump a few funky tanks.. (currently 200gal every 4 days) i switched to maxi to have a nice clean rez.. satisfied with the results so far.. weight/smell/taste will have to tell the rest of the story..Can't wait to try out the jacks when it gets here!

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Epic thread guys. I had all of fatmans recipes stored on a disk that I lost. There were some threads on RIU before he got banned. I might look over there and see if they are still there. It seems he had it dialed with the dtw system and mixed nutes. I have been using up free nutes for so long now the supply is running out and the local stores are on to me. It's time for me to get my jacks. I don't think I will take it as far as cap but the three part or four part(CaCl) sounds easy enough for me. Ty, did you say you found a local supplier for your stuff. My hydro guy won't order it in for me (wonder why?) and getting stuff shipped to me can be a PITA. I'm wondering if I can get it in GJ or something. I still have much of my outdoor crop left in the fridge. It's getting hard to justify the electric anymore but it's so fuckin' fun to grow.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

luckily i live in a fairly active agricultural area so i was able to get 25kg bags from a wholesaler, like a farm supply spot. should be able to find something similar local. as long as you ain't in the bronx or something lol. i actually stumbled on that spot when i was looking for spots that supplied jacks, im east coast canada, didn't even wana look at the quote lol

hope ya find something

ttystikk

ttystikk

Toker, Tyler said what I would say- to find farm supplies, go to a farm supplier. I would also check wholesale gweenhouse suppliers and the like. I got my Jacks at Denver Wholesale Florists, in Commerce City.

bdwbadd

bdwbadd

Just hooked up a little while ago with Jacks very helpful people wrote them a email telling them I'm growing legal mmj in sunshine mix and they sent me a email pack with what they recommend for me to use. Now just have to try it and see if they got it right

bdwbadd

bdwbadd

hope they know what there talking about:)
Hey guys I'm growing in 3Gallon pots with sunshine #4 peatmoss medium.I was just trying to figure out your peat line.what do you recommend for a indoor garden.legal grow for medicine ty You would want to use 17-4-17 for veg and 10-30-20 for flowering.
I hope this helps

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Interested to see how that goes for you.. I have a similar setup and would like to give Jacks a try

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Just hooked up a little while ago with Jacks very helpful people wrote them a email telling them I'm growing legal mmj in sunshine mix and they sent me a email pack with what they recommend for me to use. Now just have to try it and see if they got it right

What did they recommend you to use?? Was it close to the 3-2-1 Jacks, CalNit and Epsom. That would be cool as shit if it was exactly the same.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hope they know what there talking about:)
Hey guys I'm growing in 3Gallon pots with sunshine #4 peatmoss medium.I was just trying to figure out your peat line.what do you recommend for a indoor garden.legal grow for medicine ty You would want to use17-4-17for veg and10-30-20for flowering.
I hope this helps

I am surprised they answered your question!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I am surprised they answered your question!

I seen someone in another thread say when he was on the phone with jrPeters the lady asked him if he was growing MMJ and he hung up the phone because he was nervous.

Now after hearing badd say they gave him a formula for cannabis, it makes me think the woman that asked the other guy was actually trying to help him with a good formula. IMO thats kinda funny, ha.

Top Bottom